Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

where can I download I movie for osx 10.9.5

Posted on Apr 29, 2015 5:15 PM

6 replies

May 1, 2015 11:28 AM in response to gibusmini

I am surprised if the App Store allowed you to download a version of iMovie which is not compatible with your operating system. Of course it may be insisting you update your operating system first. if it is not I would try just downloading iMovie and see what you get. For safety make sure you have a backup of your existing iMovie application.

Geoff.

May 1, 2015 1:36 PM in response to GeeD

No, App Store does not allow me to download iMovie, and I have no existing iMovie application on my Mac. I just can do nothing.

Of course I could update OS to Yosemite and then buy iMovie, but I have at least 2 applications that would not yet work, so I won't do that until it will be necessary for other reasons...

May 2, 2015 5:49 AM in response to gibusmini

Maybe if you already had iMovie it would be different. (If you have an iLife '11 instal DVD it would be worth installing iMovie 9 then updating that to 10).

The only workaround I can suggest is to clone your boot drive onto another partition or external drive (using Superduper or C C Cloner), up date that to Yosemite and buy the latest version of iMovie. You will then have a dual-boot system and can use Yosemite for iMovie and Mavericks for everything else. (I always make a clone of my boot drive before any major system updates so I can revert easily in case of problems).

Geoff.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.