Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is there anyway for me to get my lost Snow Leopard upgrade online?

I had updated my Leapord MacBook(late2008, OS X 10.5.8) to Snow Leopard a few years ago but lost the update when I reformated from the CD. Is there any way for me to get this upgrade back on line?

MacBook (13-inch Aluminum Late 2008), iOS 5.1.1

Posted on Apr 29, 2015 8:00 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 30, 2015 5:10 PM

Sorry, but no.

You can purchase Snow Leopard through the Apple Store:Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard - Apple Store (U.S.). The price is $19.99 plus tax. You will be sent physical media by mail after placing your order.

After you install Snow Leopard you will have to download and install the Mac OS X 10.6.8 Update Combo v1.1 to update Snow Leopard to 10.6.8 and give you access to the App Store.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 30, 2015 5:10 PM in response to You5

Sorry, but no.

You can purchase Snow Leopard through the Apple Store:Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard - Apple Store (U.S.). The price is $19.99 plus tax. You will be sent physical media by mail after placing your order.

After you install Snow Leopard you will have to download and install the Mac OS X 10.6.8 Update Combo v1.1 to update Snow Leopard to 10.6.8 and give you access to the App Store.

Is there anyway for me to get my lost Snow Leopard upgrade online?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.