Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Setting up an idod touch fifth generations for my son, do I have to add my credit card or can I buy an itunes card?

Just purchased an iPod touch fifth generation for my son. I was told I did not have to use a major credit card for the device. Now once activating everything it is telling me I have to use a major credit card. Will an I tunes card or something that I can have maybe a 50.00 dollar limit not work?

Thank you,

iPod touch, Other OS, fifth generation 64 GB

Posted on Apr 29, 2015 7:33 PM

3 replies

Apr 29, 2015 7:55 PM in response to Rysz

Thank you. However, if I understand correctly I still have to use a credit card to initially set everything up and then after activating everything delete the card and add an ITunes card, correct?. I only have a household credit card and really did not want to associate it with a child's IPod. Please let me know. I really appreciate your help. My son is so disappointed that he cannot even download free games that he played from his android tablet.

Setting up an idod touch fifth generations for my son, do I have to add my credit card or can I buy an itunes card?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.