Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My email folders missing, so incoming MacWorld emails disappear

I used to have email folders and "rules" before the last two OS upgrades. One rule was for messages from MacWorld go to the "MacWorld" folder. Now the folder is gone so I cannot get MacWorld emails anymore. I know they come thru because I see them for a SPLIT second and then they disappear into darkness. I checked the Settings--Rules and there is no longer a "rules" for Macworld. Where are my emails going? How can I rebuild iCloud Mail? What is going on? I have spent countless days trying to figure this out and now need the help and advice of experts.

iMac, OS X Yosemite (10.10.3), 1.8 ghz; 1.25 GB SDRAM; 80GB HD

Posted on Apr 29, 2015 9:40 PM

6 replies

May 5, 2015 6:41 PM in response to dianeoforegon

Oops. I have Yosemite and these problems started with each Yosemite update. For some reason, my iCloud email still thinks I have a rule for Macworld emails and is still moving incoming messages to a folder that went away with Yosemite install. Yosemite removed the folder along with my FileMaker rules folderI, and I am not getting other email as well. I am frustrated and wish I never had email in iCloud. This is a rip off and I need to figure out how to recapture my emails. Yes checked gar Rules on settings and there are NO RULES listed as Yosemite took them away. My desktop Mail program is exhibiting the same behavior because it it mirroring the Icloud mail. Any suggestions?

May 5, 2015 8:24 PM in response to Sarafina

Was the missing folder in iCloud or was it created under "On My Mac" folders? Do you have a Time Machine backup of your data?

Look manually for the folder.

Show User's Library

The User's Library folder is hidden by default. To unhide: Select the Finder in the Dock. Under Go in the Menu bar > hold down the Option key and you’ll see the Library.

Finding the User Library Folder

http://www.takecontrolbooks.com/resources/0167/site/chap11.html#FindingtheUserLi braryFolder

Scroll to Mail folder

Inside the V2 folder you'll see your iCloud account listed as AosIMAP-YOUR NAME

Do you see the missing folder?

Next look in the Mailboxes folder. It might be a subfolder so check individual folders listed.

May 21, 2015 5:25 PM in response to Sarafina

Where do you see the missing folders? In the User's Library or in your browser logged into iCloud?

If you see the missing folders in the User's Library do the following:

With Mail quit....

Go to the User's Library folder.

• Go to Mail folder.

Select the V2 > MailData folder.

Delete any files in MailData with envelope in the name. (should be 3)

Open Mail. Mail will reindex your files.

Let me know if this helps.

Oct 6, 2015 8:08 PM in response to Sarafina

I had the same problem. All of the mail folders I created disappeared after updating. In mail I looked under iCloud where all the folders were and there was nothing. If I went online and logged into iCloud I could see them there but not on my Mac. We're talking about a lot of created folders and important saved mail. I called Apple Tech Support, that gave me a case number and said they'd call me back. In the meantime I figured I'd start all over, making new folders. I clicked on iCloud in my inbox, clicked on make new folder, labeled it, pressed enter and VOILA! ALL of my missing folders reappeared. Have no idea why this worked. Just glad it did...

My email folders missing, so incoming MacWorld emails disappear

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.