Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Final Cut Pro Multicam Slow

Iam Trying To Put My Content In Multicam And As i Do Its Loading Really Slow And Taking For Every Why Is That And How Can I Fix It? Its Really Slowing Down My Projects I Have Updated The Mac And Software But Still Having The Same Issue PLEASE HELP ME!

iMac (21.5-inch, Late 2013), OS X Yosemite (10.10.3)

Posted on Apr 29, 2015 10:21 PM

17 replies

Apr 30, 2015 5:10 AM in response to jdtci

If all the clips have audio, Final Cut will use the wave forms to sync "automatically". If one camera shot clips without audio, you have to use another syncing method.

Assigning camera angles to the clips isn't required (according to Apple) but I have found it's a big help. That is done in the Inspector. Select all of the clips from a given camera and assign some identifier (numeric or alpha).

As Luis said, the process should be pretty quick – even if there are multiple formats and gaps in the recordings.

Russ

May 2, 2015 2:30 AM in response to jdtci

Does FCP X otherwise perform normally on your mac? Just the multicam creation that is slow?

What format are the clips? Do they all have the same frame rate? Audio rate?

You may also try to provide a little hint to help to FCP X: add a marker to each clip, *roughly* at a point where they should sync - you don't have to nail an exact position. In the multicam creation there is an option to sync by marker. Turn that on and leave the audio on too. Let it try to sync for a few minutes.

If it does not work, it try without the audio.

May 2, 2015 8:06 AM in response to jdtci

A week? Something is definitely wrong.

Should have asked this earlier. Is this your first multicam project? If it is, take a look atthis. It's using an older version, but the same basic workflow for that version still applies.

If you have had good results in the past with multicam projects, please provide more info on the type of media you're using, what type of cameras you used., and whether you optimized the media. Also post a couple of screen shots: of your clip browser and of the Info pane of the Inspector (with the Inspector set to Extended).

Russ

May 2, 2015 10:03 PM in response to Russ H

i have talked with apple and come to find out the issue was one of My cameras (Canon hf r20) was not supported for the software it was formatted in mts not mp4 so i changed it thru handbreak and before i tried to sync the mts and the mp4 all in the multi cam and it was just not reading it that it why it took for ever so thank you all for helping me to fix this i hope this will help other

Final Cut Pro Multicam Slow

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.