Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

software update trying to download already updated software

I have the latest version of Yosemite, including the recovery update, and updated all of my apps in the last month, including Keynote, Pages, Numbers, iMovie, and iPhoto. I tried to delete iPhoto once the crap app Photos became the default photo app on my old MacBook Pro, (2009.. yes.. I know.. ancient), but the app store continues to say it is updating all these apps and keeps trying to download iPhoto even though I don't need it. I don't use this computer for editing photos, so don't have my main photo app installed here, Aperture, that is on my home computer. Is there a way to reset the App Store or software update so the computer will recognize that apps are updated and stop re-downloading them? I can't use some of these apps because they are awaiting update. As soon as I let the update process complete, it reverts and again tries to update them. Some of them are hung up, too, and won't even start downloading, but I can't use them because they are being updated, according to the computer. I don't have this problem on my MacMini at home.

MacBook Pro (15-inch Late 2008), OS X Yosemite (10.10.3), 2.53 ghz Core 2 Duo, 4GB RAM

Posted on Apr 30, 2015 7:01 AM

1 reply

Apr 30, 2015 9:36 AM in response to Stephen Durrenberger1

1. Search "This Mac" in the Finder for outdated copies of the app(s) that keep being updated. Delete any you find. Make sure the search scope is "This Mac" or you may miss some.

2. If the search results seem to be inaccurate, rebuild the Spotlight index. If you try to search now, there will be an indication that indexing is in progress.

software update trying to download already updated software

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.