Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why can't I set two alerts for an event on my calendar without alert times reversing?

Can anyone help? I try to set alert times for an event on my calendar. The fist alert is "the day before" and the second is "two hours before". When I press add, the alert times switch. The "first alert becomes two hours before" and the "second alert becomes the day before". I receive the two hour alert but not the day before alert. Sometimes playing around with the entries it takes, but not without a lot of frustrations.

iPhone 6, iOS 8.1.2

Posted on Apr 30, 2015 7:03 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 29, 2015 2:31 AM

Same on my iPhone 6 (iOS 8.3). When this happens, neither alert goes off. I missed a couple of appointments before I figured out what was going on.

5 replies

Jun 1, 2015 11:00 AM in response to 3dit0r

I Talked to Apple Support a while back and the tech person tried to do the same thing. Sure enough, the switching of alert times happened to them. They did some research and called back. Apparently this is a known issue to the engineers, and they might get around to fixing it some time, nothing was definitely said when they might get around to this. For the amount of money you/we pay for these phones they might be a little more responsive to a problem like this that has been around since they introduced the phones!

Jan 16, 2016 8:35 AM in response to Rhumbert

Brand new iPhone 6s has this alert issue; no matter what I do the alerts duplicate each other. Maybe they shouldn't be hiring microsoft engineers. I see this has been going on over a year; you'd think they would be able to fix this glitch....could have disastrous consequences-missing an interview time, flights, etc. Apple has a new update coming.... let's hope they fix this.

Jan 16, 2016 8:57 AM in response to Rhumbert

Resolved my issue - in calendar, click 'calendars' at the bottom of the screen and look at the email accounts it pulls from. Make sure there aren't duplicates (I.e. one event from one source and the same (or subscribed) event from another account. Be sure you are only following one so they don't cancel each other out. Thinking of it as a giant database, duplicate entries on the same date can create issues. At least that's what happened on mine.

Why can't I set two alerts for an event on my calendar without alert times reversing?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.