Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I'm unable to activate my iPhone as I forgot the original iCloud password and had to reset it. What do I do next?

I have an iPhone 6 that was set up under a particular Apple ID account. I know what the apple ID account is, however I've had to reset the password as I couldn't remember the original.

When trying to activate the phone using the Apple ID with the new password, it doesn't error saying that the password is incorrect (which it does do if I purposely enter an incorrect password), however it does state the the device "Incorrect Apple ID - *Insert apple ID name here* cannot be used to unlock this iPhone."

I know that the log-in details are correct as I'm able to log into the Apple website using the same log-in details.

I've logged into the cloud to try and un-pair the device from there, but it shows there are no devices listed under the apple ID.

iPhone 6, iOS 8.1

Posted on Apr 30, 2015 7:07 AM

3 replies

I'm unable to activate my iPhone as I forgot the original iCloud password and had to reset it. What do I do next?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.