Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why is Apple Inc. always in my contact?

User uploaded file

User uploaded file

I Do not enjoy talking to apple as if I am attention seeking. especially when I opened safari trying to do something,that page about Tims message was already there for me to see. Does Apple Inc, automatically show up in your contacts too?

Posted on Apr 30, 2015 6:42 AM

7 replies

Apr 30, 2015 7:52 AM in response to Fluffy on earth

Yes.

For as long as I can remember a new Mac has come with Contacts, and before that Address Book, with one card in it to get you started. The telephone number is for the free telephone support you get with a new Mac. It would have been quite useful in the days when most people didn't have an internet connection.

If you don't want it, select it and hit the delete-key. I'm sure Tim Cook won't be offended.

C.

Apr 30, 2015 11:55 PM in response to Fluffy on earth

THanks guys. tim's message or Apple inc, in my contact don't bother me. Yesterday I joined this community, I uploaded a picture of my cat to be the profile. But I can't see it here. And then shortly User uploaded file

I received the above message. I've got 2-step verification but the password is changed again. at dawn I logged into my hub page, I realised the legitimate ip address to the server in fact never existed. IP address was 0.0.0.0. , but the whole family can use broad band --with super doper speed. there's another IP address which over maps our router. That's how I lost my identity and our devices keep locked out ever so easily. I purchased an air port in hope to strengthen the security. But after reading all about air port....I believe we're already dominated by an air port which explains why a remote disc is constantly on to my laptop. What can I do? I hesitate to install the new port I just bought. How can I get out of the existing port?

May 1, 2015 8:05 AM in response to Fluffy on earth

a remote disc is constantly on to my laptop

Check your system Preferences > Sharing - do you have anything enabled there?

Also check entries in your Network Pane relating to this:

there's another IP address which over maps our router

If you can connect your Mac via cable, try an eithernet connection and turn off WiFi as a test.

And, do you have a secure wireless network or is is open/available to neighbors? Or are you inadvertently joining a neighbor's network?

Why is Apple Inc. always in my contact?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.