Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Son's Ipod now shows my information...how do I move it to his???

Okay, because my son is not old enough I had to set everything up under my name, date of birth, address etc... I do not want his friends accessing this every time one of them plays on my son's IPod, in which I know will happen. I have done the I cloud sharing, but this iPod still has all of my information. How do I personalize it to be my son's and not mine?

iPod touch, Other OS, fifth generation 64 GB

Posted on Apr 30, 2015 7:42 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 30, 2015 7:46 AM

Create a new ID for him. If necessary

Family Sharing and Apple IDs for kids - Apple Support

The use that ID for:

Settings>Messages>Send and Receive

Settings>FaceTime

Settings>GameCenter

Settings>iCloud

and Settings>iTunes and App store

You have to sign out of ID (for iCloud you delete the iCloud account from the iPod) and sign in with other ID.

Note the following are resolved if you use Family Sharing (iOS 8 and later):

- Apps are locked to the account that purchased them.

- To update apps you have to sign into the account that purchased the apps. If you have apps that need updating purchased from more than one account you have to update them one at a time until the remaining apps were purchased from one account.

Use Family Sharing which I think you have

http://www.apple.com/ios/ios8/family-sharing/

If the iPod has iOS 7 or later then you have the enter the password for Apple ID presently sign in Settings>iCloud.

Also, a Restriction can be set (Settings>General>Restrictions) the prevents changing accounts

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 30, 2015 7:46 AM in response to jggraf

Create a new ID for him. If necessary

Family Sharing and Apple IDs for kids - Apple Support

The use that ID for:

Settings>Messages>Send and Receive

Settings>FaceTime

Settings>GameCenter

Settings>iCloud

and Settings>iTunes and App store

You have to sign out of ID (for iCloud you delete the iCloud account from the iPod) and sign in with other ID.

Note the following are resolved if you use Family Sharing (iOS 8 and later):

- Apps are locked to the account that purchased them.

- To update apps you have to sign into the account that purchased the apps. If you have apps that need updating purchased from more than one account you have to update them one at a time until the remaining apps were purchased from one account.

Use Family Sharing which I think you have

http://www.apple.com/ios/ios8/family-sharing/

If the iPod has iOS 7 or later then you have the enter the password for Apple ID presently sign in Settings>iCloud.

Also, a Restriction can be set (Settings>General>Restrictions) the prevents changing accounts

Son's Ipod now shows my information...how do I move it to his???

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.