Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook Pro Mid 2012 - Kernel task goes crazy ONLY at start up or waking up

Hi.

I have a MacBook Pro mid 2012, which is working quite weird lately. At every start up or waking up, it starts lagging for a few minutes, and kernel task goes crazy, almost 800% of CPU usage, and the fan goes really fast -i feel like it’s going to explode-.

Sometimes, this issue starts at the login screen! But what doesn’t make any sense to me is that, after the first -lets say- 5 minutes, everything goes normal and the computer works just perfect for the rest of the day (unless I put it to sleep again, of course).-

ALSO, once a week, the trackpad works weird for a few minutes too… I’m not sure if these two things are related, but it made me think that maybe it’s just garbage inside the Macbook, but I didn’t wanted to open it before I try everything else...

I have run the hardware test, repair the permits, remove the specific -plist of my model, clear every cache I could, reset the smc, etcetera… And nothing changed.

Do you have any idea what might be causing this? It started when I updated to Yosemite 10.10.3, but, again, I’m not sure if these things are related either.-

PLEASE: HELP ME.

Thanks a lot!

MacBook Pro, OS X Yosemite (10.10.3)

Posted on Apr 30, 2015 8:02 AM

11 replies

Apr 30, 2015 9:08 AM in response to verdemac

Please read this whole message before doing anything.

This procedure is a diagnostic test. It’s unlikely to solve your problem. Don’t be disappointed when you find that nothing has changed after you complete it.

The purpose of the test is to determine whether the problem is caused by third-party software that loads automatically at startup or login, by a peripheral device, by a font conflict, or by corruption of the file system or of certain system caches.

Disconnect all wired peripherals except those needed for the test, and remove all aftermarket expansion cards, if applicable. Start up in safe mode and log in to the account with the problem.

Note: If FileVault is enabled in OS X 10.9 or earlier, or if a firmware password is set, or if the startup volume is a software RAID, you can’t do this. Ask for further instructions.

Safe mode is much slower to start up and run than normal, with limited graphics performance, and some things won’t work at all, including sound output and Wi-Fi on certain models. The next normal startup may also be somewhat slow.

The login screen appears even if you usually login automatically. You must know your login password in order to log in. If you’ve forgotten the password, you will need to reset it before you begin.

Test while in safe mode. Same problem?

After testing, restart as usual (not in safe mode) and verify that you still have the problem. Post the results of the test.

Apr 30, 2015 10:02 AM in response to Linc Davis

Thanks for your reply.

So, I’ve tried this out and…

1. Kernel_task worked just fine in safe mode.
  2. The trackpad went a little bit mad for a few seconds, so I’m guessing this is a completely unrelated thing? Not sure at all.
  3. When I got back to normal mode, kernel didn’t collapse, but it’s showing a huge cpu time usage (which in safe mode didn’t happen).-
  4. I forgot to mention that, when starting at safe mode, the log in screen is quite different since 10.10.3 update: the background is light grey -instead of the usual transparent Yosemite-, and it does not have the SLEEP option, only the RESET and SHUT DOWN ones. This also didn’t happen on safe mode: the normal login screen was shown to me.-

Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance!

May 1, 2015 8:59 AM in response to verdemac

1. This procedure is a diagnostic test. It changes nothing, for better or worse, and therefore will not, in itself, solve the problem. But with the aid of the test results, the solution may take a few minutes, instead of hours or days.

The test works on OS X 10.7 ("Lion") and later. I don't recommend running it on older versions of OS X. It will do no harm, but it won't do much good either.

Don't be put off by the complexity of these instructions. The process is much less complicated than the description. You do harder tasks with the computer all the time.

2. If you don't already have a current backup, back up all data before doing anything else. The backup is necessary on general principle, not because of anything in the test procedure. Backup is always a must, and when you're having any kind of trouble with the computer, you may be at higher than usual risk of losing data, whether you follow these instructions or not.

There are ways to back up a computer that isn't fully functional. Ask if you need guidance.

3. Below are instructions to run a UNIX shell script, a type of program. As I wrote above, it changes nothing. It doesn't send or receive any data on the network. All it does is to generate a human-readable report on the state of the computer. That report goes nowhere unless you choose to share it. If you prefer, you can act on it yourself without disclosing the contents to me or anyone else.

You should be wondering whether you can believe me, and whether it's safe to run a program at the behest of a stranger. In general, no, it's not safe and I don't encourage it.

In this case, however, there are a couple of ways for you to decide whether the program is safe without having to trust me. First, you can read it. Unlike an application that you download and click to run, it's transparent, so anyone with the necessary skill can verify what it does.

You may not be able to understand the script yourself. But variations of it have been posted on this website thousands of times over a period of years. The site is hosted by Apple, which does not allow it to be used to distribute harmful software. Any one of the millions of registered users could have read the script and raised the alarm if it was harmful. Then I would not be here now and you would not be reading this message. See, for example, this discussion.

Nevertheless, if you can't satisfy yourself that these instructions are safe, don't follow them. Ask for other options.

4. Here's a general summary of what you need to do, if you choose to proceed:

☞ Copy a particular line of text to the Clipboard.

☞ Paste into the window of another application.

☞ Wait for the test to run. It usually takes a few minutes.

☞ Paste the results, which will have been copied automatically, back into a reply on this page.

These are not specific instructions; just an overview. The details are in parts 7 and 8 of this comment. The sequence is: copy, paste, wait, paste again. You don't need to copy a second time.

5. Try to test under conditions that reproduce the problem, as far as possible. For example, if the computer is sometimes, but not always, slow, run the test during a slowdown.

You may have started up in safe mode. If the system is now in safe mode and works well enough in normal mode to run the test, restart as usual. If you can only test in safe mode, do that.

6. If you have more than one user, and the one affected by the problem is not an administrator, then please run the test twice: once while logged in as the affected user, and once as an administrator. The results may be different. The user that is created automatically on a new computer when you start it for the first time is an administrator. If you can't log in as an administrator, test as the affected user. Most personal Macs have only one user, and in that case this section doesn’t apply. Don't log in as root.

7. Load this linked web page (on the website "Pastebin.") The title of the page is "Diagnostic Test." Below the title is a text box headed by three small icons. The one on the right represents a clipboard. Click that icon to select the text, then copy it to the Clipboard on your computer by pressing the key combination command-C.

If the text doesn't highlight when you click the icon, select it by triple-clicking anywhere inside the box. Don't select the whole page, just the text in the box.

8. Launch the built-in Terminal application in any of the following ways:

☞ Enter the first few letters of its name into a Spotlight search. Select it in the results (it should be at the top.)

☞ In the Finder, select Go ▹ Utilities from the menu bar, or press the key combination shift-command-U. The application is in the folder that opens.

☞ Open LaunchPad and start typing the name.

Click anywhere in the Terminal window to activate it. Paste from the Clipboard into the window by pressing command-V, then press return. The text you pasted should vanish immediately.

9. If you see an error message in the Terminal window such as "Syntax error" or "Event not found," enter

exec bash

and press return. Then paste the script again.

10. If you're logged in as an administrator, you'll be prompted for your login password. Nothing will be displayed when you type it. You will not see the usual dots in place of typed characters. Make sure caps lock is off. Type carefully and then press return. You may get a one-time warning to be careful. If you make three failed attempts to enter the password, the test will run anyway, but it will produce less information. If you don't know the password, or if you prefer not to enter it, just press return three times at the password prompt. Again, the script will still run.

If you're not logged in as an administrator, you won't be prompted for a password. The test will still run. It just won't do anything that requires administrator privileges.

11. The test may take a few minutes to run, depending on how many files you have and the speed of the computer. A computer that's abnormally slow may take longer to run the test. While it's running, a series of lines will appear in the Terminal window like this:

[Process started]

Part 1 of 8 done at … sec

Part 8 of 8 done at … sec

The test results are on the Clipboard.

Please close this window.

[Process completed]

The intervals between parts won't be exactly equal, but they give a rough indication of progress. The total number of parts may be different from what's shown here.

Wait for the final message "Process completed" to appear. If you don't see it within about ten minutes, the test probably won't complete in a reasonable time. In that case, press the key combination control-C or command-period to stop it and go to the next step. You'll have incomplete results, but still something.

12. When the test is complete, or if you stopped it because it was taking too long, quit Terminal. The results will have been copied to the Clipboard automatically. They are not shown in the Terminal window. Please don't copy anything from there. All you have to do is start a reply to this comment and then paste by pressing command-V again.

At the top of the results, there will be a line that begins with the words "Start time." If you don't see that, but instead see a mass of gibberish, you didn't wait for the "Process completed" message to appear in the Terminal window. Please wait for it and try again.

If any private information, such as your name or email address, appears in the results, anonymize it before posting. Usually that won't be necessary.

13. When you post the results, you might see an error message on the web page: "You have included content in your post that is not permitted," or "The message contains invalid characters." That's a bug in the forum software. Please post the test results on Pastebin, then post a link here to the page you created.

14. This is a public forum, and others may give you advice based on the results of the test. They speak for themselves, not for me. The test itself is harmless, but whatever else you're told to do may not be. For others who choose to run it, I don't recommend that you post the test results on this website unless I asked you to.

Copyright © 2014, 2015 by Linc Davis. As the sole author of this work (including the referenced "Diagnostic Test"), I reserve all rights to it except as provided in the Use Agreement for the Apple Support Communities website ("ASC"). Readers of ASC may copy it for their own personal use. Neither the whole nor any part may be redistributed.

May 1, 2015 8:46 AM in response to Linc Davis

Hi, Linc!

Here are the results:

Start time: 12:34:36 05/01/15

Revision: 1315

Model Identifier: MacBookPro9,2

System Version: OS X 10.10.3 (14D136)

Kernel Version: Darwin 14.3.0

Time since boot: 15:44

UID: 501

SerialATA

Hitachi HTS725032A9A364

Energy (lifetime)

Terminal (UID 501): 10.19

Google Chrome (UID 501): 7.80

kernel_task (UID 0): 7.35

DNS: 190.160.0.11

Diagnostic reports

2015-04-27 com.apple.photomoments crash x2

2015-04-28 Adobe Bridge CS6 hang

2015-04-29 com.apple.AmbientDisplayAgent crash

2015-04-30 com.apple.AmbientDisplayAgent crash x2

2015-04-30 fontd crash x3

HID errors: 32

Kernel log

Apr 30 13:52:40 X86PlatformShim::start - Failed to send stepper

Apr 30 13:55:29 considerRebuildOfPrelinkedKernel com.apple.kext.OSvKernDSPLib triggered rebuild

Apr 30 14:07:59 pci pause: SDXC

Apr 30 14:08:07 IOPPF - Found another boot volume.Failed to find sleep policy for this platform! Disabling deep sleep.

Apr 30 14:08:07 X86PlatformShim::start - Failed to send stepper

Apr 30 14:21:11 pci pause: SDXC

Apr 30 14:21:20 IOPPF - Found another boot volume.Failed to find sleep policy for this platform! Disabling deep sleep.

Apr 30 14:21:20 X86PlatformShim::start - Failed to send stepper

Apr 30 17:50:24 Failed to open the file

Apr 30 17:50:27 hibernate file close due timeout

Apr 30 17:54:39 pci pause: SDXC

Apr 30 17:58:12 pci pause: SDXC

Apr 30 17:58:19 IOPPF - Found another boot volume.Failed to find sleep policy for this platform! Disabling deep sleep.

Apr 30 17:58:19 X86PlatformShim::start - Failed to send stepper

Apr 30 18:11:02 pci pause: SDXC

Apr 30 18:12:57 pci pause: SDXC

Apr 30 18:13:04 IOPPF - Found another boot volume.Failed to find sleep policy for this platform! Disabling deep sleep.

Apr 30 18:13:04 X86PlatformShim::start - Failed to send stepper

Apr 30 19:37:40 pci pause: SDXC

Apr 30 20:50:57 pci pause: SDXC

Apr 30 20:51:05 IOPPF - Found another boot volume.Failed to find sleep policy for this platform! Disabling deep sleep.

Apr 30 20:51:05 X86PlatformShim::start - Failed to send stepper

Apr 30 21:35:48 pci pause: SDXC

May 1 00:23:56 pci pause: SDXC

May 1 12:19:30 pci pause: SDXC

System log

Apr 30 20:51:05 WindowServer: WSSetWindowTransform: Singular matrix

Apr 30 20:51:12 UserEventAgent: Failed to copy info dictionary for bundle /System/Library/UserEventPlugins/alfUIplugin.plugin

Apr 30 20:51:13 WiFiAgent: securityd_message_with_reply_sync Failed to talk to secd after 4 attempts.

Apr 30 20:51:14 loginwindow: Login Window Started Security Agent

Apr 30 20:51:25 Spotlight: Took 0.53s to get the token

Apr 30 20:51:29 CalendarAgent: ApplePushService: Timed out making blocking call, failed to perform call via XPC connection to 'com.apple.apsd'

Apr 30 20:51:29 imagent: ApplePushService: Timed out making blocking call, failed to perform call via XPC connection to 'com.apple.apsd'

Apr 30 20:51:34 fmfd: ApplePushService: Timed out making blocking call, failed to perform call via XPC connection to 'com.apple.apsd'

Apr 30 20:52:14 ksfetch: tcp_connection_destination_prepare_complete 1 connectx to 2800:3f0:4003:c00::65.443@0 failed: No route to host

Apr 30 20:52:18 Spotlight: Metadata.framework [Error]: mdsCopyStoreInformation failed: (268451843) (ipc/rcv) timed out

Apr 30 20:52:24 ksfetch: tcp_connection_destination_prepare_complete 1 connectx to 2800:3f0:4003:c00::65.443@0 failed: No route to host

Apr 30 20:52:31 GoogleSoftwareUpdateAgent: tcp_connection_destination_prepare_complete 1 connectx to 2800:3f0:4003:c00::65.443@0 failed: No route to host

Apr 30 20:52:37 Spotlight: Metadata.framework [Error]: mdsCopyStoreInformation failed: (268451843) (ipc/rcv) timed out

Apr 30 20:57:20 ocspd: tcp_connection_destination_prepare_complete 1 connectx to 2800:3f0:4003:c00::64.80@0 failed: No route to host

Apr 30 20:58:52 WindowServer: disable_update_timeout: UI updates were forcibly disabled by application "Activity Monitor" for over 1.00 seconds. Server has re-enabled them.

Apr 30 21:18:18 airportd: _handleLinkEvent: WiFi is not powered. Resetting state variables.

Apr 30 21:40:50 Google Chrome Helper: CGAffineTransformInvert: singular matrix.

Apr 30 22:42:28 loginwindow: ERROR | -[LWBuiltInScreenLockAuthLion closeAuthAndReset:] | Attempted to remove an observer when not observing

Apr 30 22:46:34 spindump: Error loading dyld shared cache uuid UUID: 0x8

May 1 00:15:02 WindowServer: disable_update_timeout: UI updates were forcibly disabled by application "Location Menu" for over 1.00 seconds. Server has re-enabled them.

May 1 00:22:41 airportd: _handleLinkEvent: WiFi is not powered. Resetting state variables.

May 1 00:23:11 loginwindow: ERROR | -[LWBuiltInScreenLockAuthLion closeAuthAndReset:] | Attempted to remove an observer when not observing

May 1 01:36:11 airportd: _handleLinkEvent: WiFi is not powered. Resetting state variables.

May 1 12:19:37 ocspd: tcp_connection_destination_prepare_complete 1 connectx to 2800:3f0:4003:c00::71.80@0 failed: No route to host

May 1 12:24:38 WindowServer: disable_update_timeout: UI updates were forcibly disabled by application "Activity Monitor" for over 1.00 seconds. Server has re-enabled them.

launchd log

Apr 30 18:13:20 com.apple.xpc.launchd.domain.pid.SecurityAgent.197: Path not allowed in target domain: type = uid, path = /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/DataDetectorsCore.framework/Versions/A/XPCSer vices/DataDetectorsDynamicData.xpc/Contents/MacOS/DataDetectorsDynamicData error = 1: Operation not permitted, origin = /System/Library/Frameworks/Security.framework/Versions/A/XPCServices/SecurityAg ent.xpc

Apr 30 18:13:20 com.apple.xpc.launchd.domain.pid.SecurityAgent.197: Path not allowed in target domain: type = uid, path = /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/GeoServices.framework/Versions/A/XPCServices/ com.apple.geod.xpc/Contents/MacOS/com.apple.geod error = 1: Operation not permitted, origin = /System/Library/Frameworks/Security.framework/Versions/A/XPCServices/SecurityAg ent.xpc

Apr 30 18:13:31 com.apple.xpc.launchd.user.501.100006.Aqua: Could not import service from caller: caller = otherbsd.210, service = com.evernote.EvernoteHelper, error = 119: Service is disabled

Apr 30 20:51:14 com.apple.xpc.launchd.domain.pid.SecurityAgent.199: Path not allowed in target domain: type = uid, path = /System/Library/Frameworks/AppKit.framework/Versions/C/XPCServices/SandboxedSer viceRunner.xpc/Contents/MacOS/SandboxedServiceRunner error = 1: Operation not permitted, origin = /System/Library/Frameworks/Security.framework/Versions/A/XPCServices/SecurityAg ent.xpc

Apr 30 20:51:14 com.apple.xpc.launchd.domain.pid.SecurityAgent.199: Path not allowed in target domain: type = uid, path = /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/SpeechRecognitionCore.framework/Versions/A/XP CServices/com.apple.SpeechRecognitionCore.brokerd.xpc/Contents/MacOS/com.apple.S peechRecognitionCore.brokerd error = 1: Operation not permitted, origin = /System/Library/Frameworks/Security.framework/Versions/A/XPCServices/SecurityAg ent.xpc

Apr 30 20:51:14 com.apple.xpc.launchd.domain.pid.SecurityAgent.199: Path not allowed in target domain: type = uid, path = /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/DataDetectorsCore.framework/Versions/A/XPCSer vices/DataDetectorsDynamicData.xpc/Contents/MacOS/DataDetectorsDynamicData error = 1: Operation not permitted, origin = /System/Library/Frameworks/Security.framework/Versions/A/XPCServices/SecurityAg ent.xpc

Apr 30 20:51:14 com.apple.xpc.launchd.domain.pid.SecurityAgent.199: Path not allowed in target domain: type = uid, path = /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/DataDetectorsCore.framework/Versions/A/XPCSer vices/DataDetectorsDynamicData.xpc/Contents/MacOS/DataDetectorsDynamicData error = 1: Operation not permitted, origin = /System/Library/Frameworks/Security.framework/Versions/A/XPCServices/SecurityAg ent.xpc

Apr 30 20:51:14 com.apple.xpc.launchd.domain.pid.SecurityAgent.199: Path not allowed in target domain: type = uid, path = /System/Library/Frameworks/AppKit.framework/Versions/C/XPCServices/SandboxedSer viceRunner.xpc/Contents/MacOS/SandboxedServiceRunner error = 1: Operation not permitted, origin = /System/Library/Frameworks/Security.framework/Versions/A/XPCServices/SecurityAg ent.xpc

Apr 30 20:51:14 com.apple.xpc.launchd.domain.pid.SecurityAgent.199: Path not allowed in target domain: type = uid, path = /System/Library/Frameworks/Security.framework/Versions/A/XPCServices/XPCTimeSta mpingService.xpc/Contents/MacOS/XPCTimeStampingService error = 1: Operation not permitted, origin = /System/Library/Frameworks/Security.framework/Versions/A/XPCServices/SecurityAg ent.xpc

Apr 30 20:51:14 com.apple.xpc.launchd.domain.pid.SecurityAgent.199: Path not allowed in target domain: type = uid, path = /System/Library/Frameworks/CoreServices.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/Diction aryServices.framework/Versions/A/XPCServices/com.apple.DictionaryServiceHelper.x pc/Contents/MacOS/com.apple.DictionaryServiceHelper error = 1: Operation not permitted, origin = /System/Library/Frameworks/Security.framework/Versions/A/XPCServices/SecurityAg ent.xpc

Apr 30 20:51:14 com.apple.xpc.launchd.domain.pid.SecurityAgent.199: Path not allowed in target domain: type = uid, path = /System/Library/Frameworks/Security.framework/Versions/A/XPCServices/XPCKeychai nSandboxCheck.xpc/Contents/MacOS/XPCKeychainSandboxCheck error = 1: Operation not permitted, origin = /System/Library/Frameworks/Security.framework/Versions/A/XPCServices/SecurityAg ent.xpc

Apr 30 20:51:14 com.apple.xpc.launchd.domain.pid.SecurityAgent.199: Path not allowed in target domain: type = uid, path = /System/Library/Frameworks/IOKit.framework/Versions/A/XPCServices/IOServiceAuth orizeAgent.xpc/Contents/MacOS/IOServiceAuthorizeAgent error = 1: Operation not permitted, origin = /System/Library/Frameworks/Security.framework/Versions/A/XPCServices/SecurityAg ent.xpc

Apr 30 20:51:14 com.apple.xpc.launchd.domain.pid.SecurityAgent.199: Path not allowed in target domain: type = uid, path = /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/SpeechRecognitionCore.framework/Versions/A/XP CServices/com.apple.SpeechRecognitionCore.brokerd.xpc/Contents/MacOS/com.apple.S peechRecognitionCore.brokerd error = 1: Operation not permitted, origin = /System/Library/Frameworks/Security.framework/Versions/A/XPCServices/SecurityAg ent.xpc

Apr 30 20:51:14 com.apple.xpc.launchd.domain.pid.SecurityAgent.199: Failed to bootstrap path: path = /System/Library/Frameworks/Security.framework/Versions/A/XPCServices/XPCTimeSta mpingService.xpc, error = 1: Operation not permitted

Apr 30 20:51:14 com.apple.xpc.launchd.domain.pid.SecurityAgent.199: Failed to bootstrap path: path = /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/DataDetectorsCore.framework/Versions/A/XPCSer vices/DataDetectorsDynamicData.xpc, error = 1: Operation not permitted

Apr 30 20:51:14 com.apple.xpc.launchd.domain.pid.SecurityAgent.199: Failed to bootstrap path: path = /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/SpeechRecognitionCore.framework/Versions/A/XP CServices/com.apple.SpeechRecognitionCore.brokerd.xpc, error = 1: Operation not permitted

Apr 30 20:51:14 com.apple.xpc.launchd.domain.pid.SecurityAgent.199: Failed to bootstrap path: path = /System/Library/Frameworks/AppKit.framework/Versions/C/XPCServices/SandboxedSer viceRunner.xpc, error = 1: Operation not permitted

Apr 30 20:51:14 com.apple.xpc.launchd.domain.pid.SecurityAgent.199: Failed to bootstrap path: path = /System/Library/Frameworks/CoreServices.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/Diction aryServices.framework/Versions/A/XPCServices/com.apple.DictionaryServiceHelper.x pc, error = 1: Operation not permitted

Apr 30 20:51:14 com.apple.xpc.launchd.domain.pid.SecurityAgent.199: Failed to bootstrap path: path = /System/Library/Frameworks/IOKit.framework/Versions/A/XPCServices/IOServiceAuth orizeAgent.xpc, error = 1: Operation not permitted

Apr 30 20:51:14 com.apple.xpc.launchd.domain.pid.SecurityAgent.199: Failed to bootstrap path: path = /System/Library/Frameworks/Security.framework/Versions/A/XPCServices/XPCKeychai nSandboxCheck.xpc, error = 1: Operation not permitted

Apr 30 20:51:14 com.apple.xpc.launchd.domain.pid.SecurityAgent.199: Path not allowed in target domain: type = uid, path = /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/GeoServices.framework/Versions/A/XPCServices/ com.apple.geod.xpc/Contents/MacOS/com.apple.geod error = 1: Operation not permitted, origin = /System/Library/Frameworks/Security.framework/Versions/A/XPCServices/SecurityAg ent.xpc

Apr 30 20:51:23 com.apple.xpc.launchd.user.501.100006.Aqua: Could not import service from caller: caller = otherbsd.212, service = com.evernote.EvernoteHelper, error = 119: Service is disabled

Console log

Apr 30 13:26:00 fontd: Failed to compile sql statement (91), "INSERT INTO family_table VALUES( ?, ?, ? );"

Apr 30 13:26:00 fontd: Failed to compile sql statement (92), "INSERT INTO subfamily_table VALUES( ?, ?, ? );"

Apr 30 13:26:00 fontd: Failed to compile sql statement (93), "INSERT INTO fullname_table VALUES( ?, ?, ? );"

Apr 30 13:26:00 fontd: Failed to compile sql statement (94), "INSERT OR REPLACE INTO traits_table VALUES( ?, ?, ?, ?, ? );"

Apr 30 13:26:00 fontd: Failed to compile sql statement (95), "INSERT INTO loc_names_table VALUES( ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ? );"

Apr 30 13:26:00 fontd: Failed to compile sql statement (96), "INSERT OR REPLACE INTO charset_table VALUES( NULL, ? );"

Apr 30 13:26:00 fontd: Failed to compile sql statement (97), "INSERT INTO unicoderanges_table VALUES( ?, ?, ?, ?, ? );"

Apr 30 13:26:00 fontd: Failed to compile sql statement (98), "INSERT INTO language_table VALUES( ?, ?, ? );"

Apr 30 13:26:00 fontd: Failed to compile sql statement (99), "INSERT INTO varaxis_table VALUES( ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ? );"

Apr 30 13:26:00 fontd: Failed to compile sql statement (100), "INSERT INTO varinstance_table VALUES( ?, ?, ? );"

Apr 30 13:26:00 fontd: Failed to compile sql statement (101), "INSERT OR REPLACE INTO lwfn_table VALUES( ?, ? );"

Apr 30 13:26:00 fontd: Failed to create font store at path /var/folders/yx/tm4lsxnn3jx6p3wjm_m5vv3m0000gn/C/com.apple.FontRegistry/fontreg istry.user, trying alternative

Apr 30 13:52:44 fontd: Failed to open read-only database, regenerating DB

Apr 30 15:45:37 mdworker: Error loading /Applications/Evernote.app/Contents/Library/Spotlight/EvernoteSpotlightImporter .mdimporter/Contents/MacOS/EvernoteSpotlightImporter: dlopen(/Applications/Evernote.app/Contents/Library/Spotlight/EvernoteSpotlightI mporter.mdimporter/Contents/MacOS/EvernoteSpotlightImporter, 262): Library not loaded: @rpath/ENSharedUtilities.framework/Versions/A/ENSharedUtilities

Referenced from: /Applications/Evernote.app/Contents/Library/Spotlight/EvernoteSpotlightImporter .mdimporter/Contents/MacOS/EvernoteSpotlightImporter

Reason: no suitable image found. Did find:

/Applications/Evernote.app/Contents/Library/Spotlight/EvernoteSpotlightImporter .mdimporter/Contents/MacOS/../../../../../Frameworks/ENSharedUtilities.framework /Versions/A/ENSharedUtilities: open() failed with errno=1

Apr 30 16:44:10 mdworker: Error loading /Applications/Evernote.app/Contents/Library/Spotlight/EvernoteSpotlightImporter .mdimporter/Contents/MacOS/EvernoteSpotlightImporter: dlopen(/Applications/Evernote.app/Contents/Library/Spotlight/EvernoteSpotlightI mporter.mdimporter/Contents/MacOS/EvernoteSpotlightImporter, 262): Library not loaded: @rpath/ENSharedUtilities.framework/Versions/A/ENSharedUtilities

Referenced from: /Applications/Evernote.app/Contents/Library/Spotlight/EvernoteSpotlightImporter .mdimporter/Contents/MacOS/EvernoteSpotlightImporter

/Applications/Evernote.app/Contents/Library/Spotlight/EvernoteSpotlightImporter .mdimporter/Contents/MacOS/../../../../../Frameworks/ENSharedUtilities.framework /Versions/A/ENSharedUtilities: open() failed with errno=1

Apr 30 18:25:41 mdworker: Error loading /Applications/Evernote.app/Contents/Library/Spotlight/EvernoteSpotlightImporter .mdimporter/Contents/MacOS/EvernoteSpotlightImporter: dlopen(/Applications/Evernote.app/Contents/Library/Spotlight/EvernoteSpotlightI mporter.mdimporter/Contents/MacOS/EvernoteSpotlightImporter, 262): Library not loaded: @rpath/ENSharedUtilities.framework/Versions/A/ENSharedUtilities

System services loaded

com.adobe.SwitchBoard

com.apple.mtrecorder

com.apple.spindump

com.apple.spirecorder

com.apple.watchdogd

com.microsoft.office.licensing.helper

Login services loaded

com.adobe.AAM.Scheduler-1.0

com.google.keystone.user.agent

com.spotify.webhelper

iCloud errors

Spotlight 12

Finder 4

CallHistorySyncHelper 1

Continuity errors

sharingd 5

lsuseractivityd 1

Restricted files: 6

Lockfiles: 9

Contents of Library/LaunchAgents/com.google.keystone.agent.plist

- mod date: Apr 8 00:06:17 2015

- size (B): 812

- checksum: 861000509

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">

<plist version="1.0">

<dict>

<key>Label</key>

<string>com.google.keystone.user.agent</string>

<key>LimitLoadToSessionType</key>

<string>Aqua</string>

<key>ProgramArguments</key>

<array>

<string>/Users/USER/Library/Google/GoogleSoftwareUpdate/GoogleSoftwareUpdate.bu ndle/Contents/Resources/GoogleSoftwareUpdateAgent.app/Contents/MacOS/GoogleSoftw areUpdateAgent</string>

<string>-runMode</string>

<string>ifneeded</string>

</array>

<key>RunAtLoad</key>

<true/>

<key>StartInterval</key>

<integer>3523</integer>

<key>StandardErrorPath</key>

<string>/dev/null</string>

<key>StandardOutPath</key>

<string>/dev/null</string>

</dict>

</plist>

Contents of Library/LaunchAgents/com.spotify.webhelper.plist

- mod date: Apr 30 12:17:46 2015

- size (B): 542

- checksum: 2858966902

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple Computer//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">

<plist version="1.0">

<dict>

<key>Label</key>

<string>com.spotify.webhelper</string>

<key>KeepAlive</key>

<dict>

<key>NetworkState</key>

<true/>

</dict>

<key>RunAtLoad</key>

<true/>

<key>Program</key>

<string>/Users/USER/Library/Application Support/Spotify/SpotifyWebHelper</string>

<key>SpotifyPath</key>

<string>/Applications/Spotify.app</string></dict>

</plist>

Applications

/Applications/Microsoft Office 2011/Additional Tools/Microsoft Language Register/Microsoft Language Register.app

- com.microsoft.language_register

/Applications/Microsoft Office 2011/Microsoft Excel.app

- com.microsoft.Excel

/Applications/Microsoft Office 2011/Microsoft PowerPoint.app

- com.microsoft.Powerpoint

/Applications/Microsoft Office 2011/Microsoft Word.app

- com.microsoft.Word

/Applications/Microsoft Office 2011/Office/Alerts Daemon.app

- com.microsoft.AlertsDaemon

/Applications/Microsoft Office 2011/Office/Equation Editor.app

- com.microsoft.EquationEditor

/Applications/Microsoft Office 2011/Office/Microsoft Chart Converter.app

- com.microsoft.openxml.chart.app

/Applications/Microsoft Office 2011/Office/Microsoft Clip Gallery.app

- com.microsoft.ClipGallery

/Applications/Microsoft Office 2011/Office/Microsoft Database Daemon.app

- com.microsoft.outlook.database_daemon

/Applications/Microsoft Office 2011/Office/Microsoft Database Utility.app

- com.microsoft.outlook.database_utility

/Applications/Microsoft Office 2011/Office/Microsoft Graph.app

- com.microsoft.Graph

/Applications/Microsoft Office 2011/Office/Microsoft Office Reminders.app

- com.microsoft.outlook.office_reminders

/Applications/Microsoft Office 2011/Office/Microsoft Office Setup Assistant.app

- com.microsoft.office.setupassistant

/Applications/Microsoft Office 2011/Office/Microsoft Query

- N/A

/Applications/Microsoft Office 2011/Office/Microsoft Upload Center.app

- com.microsoft.office.uploadcenter

/Applications/Microsoft Office 2011/Office/My Day.app

- com.microsoft.myday

/Applications/Microsoft Office 2011/Office/Open XML for Excel.app

- com.microsoft.openxml.excel.app

/Applications/Microsoft Office 2011/Office/SyncServicesAgent.app

- com.microsoft.SyncServicesAgent

/Library/Application Support/Adobe/SwitchBoard/SwitchBoard.app

- com.adobe.switchboard-2.0

/Library/Application Support/Microsoft/MAU2.0/Microsoft AutoUpdate.app

- com.microsoft.autoupdate2

/Library/Application Support/Microsoft/MERP2.0/Microsoft Error Reporting.app

- com.microsoft.error_reporting

/Library/Application Support/Microsoft/MERP2.0/Microsoft Ship Asserts.app

- com.microsoft.netlib.shipassertprocess

/Users/USER/Applications/Chrome Apps.localized/app_list.app

- com.google.Chrome.app.Default-app_list

/Users/USER/Library/Application Support/Google/Chrome/Default/Web Applications/_crx_aohghmighlieiainnegkcijnfilokake/Default aohghmighlieiainnegkcijnfilokake.app

- com.google.Chrome.app.Default-aohghmighlieiainnegkcijnfilokake-internal

/Users/USER/Library/Application Support/Google/Chrome/Default/Web Applications/_crx_apdfllckaahabafndbhieahigkjlhalf/Default apdfllckaahabafndbhieahigkjlhalf.app

- com.google.Chrome.app.Default-apdfllckaahabafndbhieahigkjlhalf-internal

/Users/USER/Library/Application Support/Google/Chrome/Default/Web Applications/_crx_blpcfgokakmgnkcojhhkbfbldkacnbeo/Default blpcfgokakmgnkcojhhkbfbldkacnbeo.app

- com.google.Chrome.app.Default-blpcfgokakmgnkcojhhkbfbldkacnbeo-internal

/Users/USER/Library/Application Support/Google/Chrome/Default/Web Applications/_crx_coobgpohoikkiipiblmjeljniedjpjpf/Default coobgpohoikkiipiblmjeljniedjpjpf.app

- com.google.Chrome.app.Default-coobgpohoikkiipiblmjeljniedjpjpf-internal

/Users/USER/Library/Application Support/Google/Chrome/Default/Web Applications/_crx_pjkljhegncpnkpknbcohdijeoejaedia/Default pjkljhegncpnkpknbcohdijeoejaedia.app

- com.google.Chrome.app.Default-pjkljhegncpnkpknbcohdijeoejaedia-internal

Bundles

/Library/Application Support/Adobe/APE/3.3/adbeapecore.framework/Versions/A/Libraries/Flash Player.plugin

- com.macromedia.FlashPlayer-10.4-10.5.plugin

/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Plug-Ins/CS6/File Formats/Camera Raw.plugin

- com.adobe.CameraRaw

/Library/Internet Plug-Ins/SharePointBrowserPlugin.plugin

- com.microsoft.sharepoint.browserplugin

/Users/USER/Library/Address Book Plug-Ins/SkypeABDialer.bundle

- com.skype.skypeabdialer

/Users/USER/Library/Address Book Plug-Ins/SkypeABSMS.bundle

- com.skype.skypeabsms

Bundles (new)

- N/A

Library paths

/Applications/Microsoft Office 2011/Office/MicrosoftSetupUI.framework/Libraries/mbupgx.dylib

/Applications/Microsoft Office 2011/Office/OPF.framework/Versions/14/Resources/OPF_Common.dylib

/Applications/Microsoft Office 2011/Office/Visual Basic for Applications.framework/Versions/14/Frameworks/Fm20.dylib

/Applications/Microsoft Office 2011/Office/Visual Basic for Applications.framework/Versions/14/Frameworks/MicrosoftOLE2TypesLib.dylib

/Applications/Microsoft Office 2011/Office/Visual Basic for Applications.framework/Versions/14/Frameworks/RefEdit.dylib

/Applications/Microsoft Office 2011/Office/Visual Basic for Applications.framework/Versions/14/Frameworks/RichEdit.dylib

/Applications/Utilities/Adobe Application Manager/D6/D6Native.dylib

/Applications/Utilities/Adobe Application Manager/DECore/ARKSelector.dylib

/Applications/Utilities/Adobe Application Manager/DECore/DE5/Setup.dylib

/Applications/Utilities/Adobe Application Manager/DECore/DE5/resources/libraries/ARKCmdCaps.dylib

/Applications/Utilities/Adobe Application Manager/DECore/DE5/resources/libraries/ARKCmdFS.dylib

/Applications/Utilities/Adobe Application Manager/DECore/DE5/resources/libraries/ARKEngine.dylib

/Applications/Utilities/Adobe Application Manager/DECore/DE5/resources/libraries/AdobePIM.dylib

/Applications/Utilities/Adobe Application Manager/DECore/DE6/Setup.dylib

/Applications/Utilities/Adobe Application Manager/DECore/DE6/resources/libraries/ARKCmdCaps.dylib

/Applications/Utilities/Adobe Application Manager/DECore/DE6/resources/libraries/ARKCmdFS.dylib

/Applications/Utilities/Adobe Application Manager/DECore/DE6/resources/libraries/ARKEngine.dylib

/Applications/Utilities/Adobe Application Manager/DECore/DE6/resources/libraries/AdobePIM.dylib

/Applications/Utilities/Adobe Application Manager/DWA/DWANative.dylib

/Applications/Utilities/Adobe Application Manager/LWA/PWANative.dylib

/Applications/Utilities/Adobe Application Manager/LWA/adobe_caps.dylib

/Applications/Utilities/Adobe Application Manager/LWA/adobe_oobelib.dylib

/Applications/Utilities/Adobe Application Manager/LWA/adobe_upgrade.dylib

/Applications/Utilities/Adobe Application Manager/P6/IMSLib.dylib

/Applications/Utilities/Adobe Application Manager/P6/P6Native.dylib

/Applications/Utilities/Adobe Application Manager/P6/VulcanBridge.dylib

/Applications/Utilities/Adobe Application Manager/P6/VulcanMessage.dylib

/Applications/Utilities/Adobe Application Manager/P6/adobe_oobelib.dylib

/Applications/Utilities/Adobe Application Manager/P6/adobe_upgrade.dylib

/Applications/Utilities/Adobe Application Manager/P6/axlib.dylib

/Applications/Utilities/Adobe Application Manager/UWA/UWANative.dylib

/Applications/Utilities/Adobe Application Manager/core/AdobePIM.dylib

/Applications/Utilities/Adobe Application Manager/core/switcher/DWA_UI.dylib

/Applications/Utilities/Adobe Application Manager/core/switcher/LWA_UI.dylib

/Library/Application Support/Adobe/APE/3.3/adbeapecore.framework/Versions/A/Libraries/WebKit.dylib

/Library/Application Support/Adobe/CS6ServiceManager/lib/CSXS-Installer-Hook.dylib

/Library/Application Support/Adobe/CS6ServiceManager/lib/ServiceManager-Launcher.dylib

/Users/USER/Library/Application Support/Google/Chrome/WidevineCDM/1.4.7.796/_platform_specific/mac_x64/libwidev inecdm.dylib

App extensions

com.evernote.Evernote.SharingExtension

Modifications

file added: /Applications/VLC.app/Contents/MacOS/plugins/plugins.dat

Installations

Evernote: 29-04-15 12:38

Microsoft Office for Mac 2011: 10-04-15 17:22

Evernote: 08-04-15 11:25

Elapsed time (sec): 420

Thanks a lot for your help...!

May 1, 2015 9:53 AM in response to verdemac

A

If you don't already have a current backup, back up all data, then reinstall the OS.* You don't need to erase the startup volume, and you won't need the backup unless something goes wrong. If the system was upgraded from an older version of OS X, you may need the Apple ID and password you used.

There are ways to back up a computer that isn't fully functional. Ask if you need guidance.

If you installed the Java runtime distributed by Apple and still need it, you'll have to reinstall it. The same goes for Xcode. All other data will be preserved.

*The linked support article refers to OS X 10.10 ("Yosemite"), but the procedure is the same for OS X 10.7 ("Lion") and later.

B

If there's no change, you may be dealing with a hardware fault. The negative hardware test doesn't rule that out.

Make a "Genius" appointment at an Apple Store, or go to another authorized service provider. You may have to leave the machine there for several days.

Back up all data on the internal drive(s) before you hand over your computer to anyone. There are ways to back up a computer that isn't fully functional—ask if you need guidance.

If privacy is a concern, erase the data partition(s) with the option to write zeros* (do this only if you have at least two complete, independent backups, and you know how to restore to an empty drive from any of them.) Don’t erase the recovery partition, if present.

Keeping your confidential data secure during hardware repair

Apple also recommends that you deauthorize a device in the iTunes Store before having it serviced.

*An SSD doesn't need to be zeroed.

May 1, 2015 4:06 PM in response to Linc Davis

I've reinstalled the OS X but it keeps happening... So you do think that I might be dealing with a hardware issue, although the test didn't show anything?

One more: Do you think there's a chance it's just junk inside the computer, or this could be a serious issue? I have no idea how to read the test report I've run with your instructions...

Thanks again for your help,

MacBook Pro Mid 2012 - Kernel task goes crazy ONLY at start up or waking up

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.