Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

start up issues in snow leopard

I've erased and reinstalled my MacBook pro 2011 original osx snow leopard disk twice, (running Yosemite last) Everything was good again, but when I tried to download updates and restart, it comes back to desktop with nothing else. Didn't really restart at all. I can't do anything but shut it down, and that takes a few seconds holding the button. Before the last time I tried the erase and reinstall, it just stayed on the blue screen until I shut off. That's gone now, but still.....

the mac has been restarting, (with no chime ever) but will not restart when downloading updates. Another thing I've noticed is that when I start up manually I don't get the sign in page. PS I have managed to download the Combo update thought.

I'm trying everything I can before I call Apple.

Should I try resetting NVRAM? Haven't done that yet. If I upgrade to Mountain Lion or if start up isn't working I doubt it.

I also wonder if I'm reinstalling incorrectly. When I choose the disk I want to use for startup disk, I have to rename it. So it is disk 1. I created it from the top drive on the far left. I hope someone has the answers.😢

L

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.6), mid 2011 Snow Leopard

Posted on Apr 30, 2015 9:25 AM

1 reply

start up issues in snow leopard

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.