Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Screen is black although the computer is running

I pit my computer to sleep yesterday and when I opened it up to use it the screen stayed black although it sounds like it's running in the back ground. I tried restarting and removing the battery. Any other suggestions? And yes I also tried the Screen brightness buttons. My MacBook is the older generation for 2008 I'm not sure if it's just finally hit its peak. Thanks

im also not sure about the system but I think it's running on snow leopard.

MacBook Pro, iOS 7

Posted on Apr 30, 2015 8:36 AM

3 replies

Apr 30, 2015 8:48 AM in response to leis45

MacBook or MacBook Pro?

Is it white?

Reset SMC

http://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201295

Reset NVRAM

How to Reset NVRAM on your Mac - Apple Support

When you hear it running check the screen with a flashlight. Do you see the desktop?

Yes - try running the brightness up ("F2").

Try moving the display up and down - flashes? - yes bad inverter cable.

Try an external display

Yes - bad LVDS cable, inverter cable or board, bad display.

Apr 30, 2015 12:44 PM in response to leis45

My MacBook is the older generation for 2008

Assuming you mean Macbook Pro See Articles: http://support.apple.com/kb/TS2377MacBook Pro: Distorted video or no video issues

These computers were manufactured between approximately May 2007 and September 2008.

If your model MBP matches the ones mentioned in the KB Article (the program has expired) strongly suggest that you call Apple Customer Relations - 1-800-275-2273. Ask politely & firmly that you want to be transferred to Customer Relations. Tell them exactly what you stated in your post.

CR is still honoring the program on a CASE BY CASE basis.

GOOD LUCK!

User uploaded file

Screen is black although the computer is running

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.