Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Has a solution to the FaceTime and iMessages issue been found?

Hello everyone. I have been having issues with signing into FaceTime and iMessages with my Apple ID on my new iPad Mini 3. I am running iOS 8.3, the latest version, and I first noticed the problem when I took my iPad out of the box and set it up for the first time. I did not notice a problem before that because I was already signed in on a fifth generation iPod Touch and a first generation iPad Air and I stayed signed in at all times. The apps worked fine when I was signed in, but failed to sign me in again after I had signed myself out on both devices. I have put in several calls to Apple Care and even spoke with a supervisor who said he forwarded my problem to the engineers. I was told I would receive a call from Apple when the problem has been resolved. So far, I have heard nothing. Does anyone know if this problem has been repaired yet? Or are they still working on it?

iPad Mini, iOS 8.3

Posted on Apr 30, 2015 8:44 AM

2 replies

Apr 30, 2015 9:03 AM in response to calliekuczek

I'm assuming you have already done the standard troubleshooting steps:

If you get an error when trying to activate iMessage or FaceTime - Apple Support

There is is an ongoing thread in the forum & while some have finally had it resolved, others are still waiting, There seems to be an issue with Date & more specifically Time not syncing properly.

On one of your devices try resetting by holding down the home & sleep/wake buttons simultaneously until the Apple logo appears then let go & let the iPad boot up normally, Try to sign into iMessage/FaceTime again. You could also try toggling Airplane mode on & off. Again, some have had success doing this while others have not.

Apr 30, 2015 9:06 AM in response to calliekuczek

Apple hasn't said anything except they are working on it. Mine suddenly started working on my iPad about a week ago but Apple didn't respond to my questions abou whether they tweaked my account or if something I did caused it to work.

i Didn't receive a call telling me to try it or that they fixed anything. Other people here have said the same thing- I don't think anyone has received a call even when they can suddenly sign in.

My AppleID was like yours, it worked originally (in my case on the iPad) and when it quit working it quit working on all devices. I haven't had a chance to see if mine works on another device.

keep checking back, and keep trying to sign in to FaceTime and iMessage.

Has a solution to the FaceTime and iMessages issue been found?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.