Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Yosemite iBooks for Mac intermittently copies text from epub file to clipboard and highlighting text is very slow (spinning beachball fro 20 to 30 seconds each time)

When copying text from epub files imported into iBooks (principally from O'Reilly an the UK Open University) the copy function intermittently works, that is when I attempt to paste into another application the text may or may not have been copied to the clipboard.

The reliability of copying and pasting appears to be improved by closing and then reopening iBooks if iBooks has been open for some time.

If I persevere long enough (by retrying and/or closing and then opening iBooks) I am always able to copy the text I want o so i now it's not some form o content control kicking in.

I see the same behaviour whether right clicking and selecting copy or Edit, Copy from the iBooks menu.

I have a separate question - and I'm pondering possibly related question - regarding speed and responsiveness of text highlighting. Whenever I highlight a section of text I have the spinning beachball timer on screen for 20 to 30 seconds before control is returned to me by OS-X/iBooks. This happened consistently every time within iBooks for Mac; iBooks for iOS with the same book thing are fine.

I've had the problems for quite a while, at least from the initial release of Yosemite (I can't remember about Mavericks) and the errors have persisted with a clean install of 10.10.2 following previous OS-X upgrades from 10.8 through to 10.10.1. I'm currently on 10.10.3.

May thanks for any ideas and help...iBooks would be great apart from these functionality and speed issues!

MacBook Pro, OS X Yosemite (10.10.3)

Posted on Apr 30, 2015 10:27 AM

There are no replies.

Yosemite iBooks for Mac intermittently copies text from epub file to clipboard and highlighting text is very slow (spinning beachball fro 20 to 30 seconds each time)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.