Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Iphone 4s damaged by OS 8.3?

My Iphone 4s, upgraded recently to OS 8.3, lost its ability to access bluetooth or wifi. Wifi was grayed out and bluetooth had a spinning wheel rather than a switch. My phone was pretty old (3 years?) and the battery was complaining. I spent an hour with an apple person on chat and went through all the possible software fixes and the technician concluded that it was a hardware problem and would need to spend time at Apple. I had a genius bar appointment for Tuesday to have them send it in. I talked with a local non Apple technician about repairing the problem and he said it would need a logic board replacement and this was happening to a lot of the 4's.

Since the battery AND the logic board were both going to need to be replaced I figured I would just buy a new 4s, and I did. Now I am wondering if I will be VERY sorry since if this is being caused by the new IOS I am NOT going to have a long experience with this NEW phone.

I also am no totally confident that my "new" phone is really new. How do I access the number of hours and the battery vital stats?

THANKS,

Richard

iPhone 4S, iOS 8.3

Posted on Apr 30, 2015 9:34 AM

There are no replies.

Iphone 4s damaged by OS 8.3?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.