Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Pages(Yosemite) versus Pages09 problem

Sent mail attachment in Pages 09 last week. It worked. This week sent updated(Yosemite) .pdf, but client cannot open or load. Solution?

MacBook Pro (13-inch Late 2011), Mac OS X (10.7.5)

Posted on Apr 30, 2015 9:58 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 30, 2015 12:40 PM

The Share > Send via Mail > (Pages, Word, PDF) menu items are inoperable in Pages '09 folllowing the 10.10.2 update. This means that the ability to export and automatically attach these document types in Pages '09 is now defunct.

In Pages v5.5.3 on Yosemite 10.10.3, the Share ▸ Send a Copy ▸ Mail ▸ PDF menu hierarchy works just fine for sending PDF to a different email account.

In the Mail compose window, select the attachment toolbar icon (paperclip). When this open panel appears, confirm that you have checked the Send Windows-Friendly Attachments. This will help with cross-platform mailing.

What email service are you using? I have seen issues with using Microsoft Live (aka hotmail).

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 30, 2015 12:40 PM in response to grant_n32

The Share > Send via Mail > (Pages, Word, PDF) menu items are inoperable in Pages '09 folllowing the 10.10.2 update. This means that the ability to export and automatically attach these document types in Pages '09 is now defunct.

In Pages v5.5.3 on Yosemite 10.10.3, the Share ▸ Send a Copy ▸ Mail ▸ PDF menu hierarchy works just fine for sending PDF to a different email account.

In the Mail compose window, select the attachment toolbar icon (paperclip). When this open panel appears, confirm that you have checked the Send Windows-Friendly Attachments. This will help with cross-platform mailing.

What email service are you using? I have seen issues with using Microsoft Live (aka hotmail).

Apr 30, 2015 1:07 PM in response to VikingOSX

Hi,

I use Apple Mail for some and Google for others. With Apple Mail I hit Share+Send via Mail + Selected an Option(Pages, PDF, Word or ePub) then hit Next, making sure it was docx. Apple Mail got it right. Tried to see if Yosemite Pages would translate via Google. The answer: No. Illustrations, jpegs all stripped. Copy and indents screwed up. Only page 1 was intact. Other 2 pages--copy and photos blank.

I became an Apple fan because of the tedious, cumbersome, convoluted processes of Windows. I am a two clicks kinda person. Yosemite--user-friendly? Not so much.

Thanks for your help VikingOSX

May 3, 2015 9:30 AM in response to grant_n32

Pages (.pages) documents have always been incompatible with Google Mail/Docs, and can only be opened with an appropriate version of Pages itself. You must first export into Word, or PDF before feeding them to Google.

Actually, if you are in a shared Windows/Mac/Google Docs document interchange scenario, you should be using Office for Mac 2011 update 14.4.9, and work in the native Word document architecture - not suffer translation issues. Has nothing to do with OS X, as these are presentation/application layer issues.

May 3, 2015 10:02 AM in response to VikingOSX

Have Office for Mac 2011, 14.4.9, exported in Word and PDF(as an added measure). Now waiting to hear from client who had no problem with the first document, but needed changes in copy(verbiage). It was the second exchange, after the tweaks, that led to the scrambled look and complaints on the receiver's end. I'll see what happens. It is hard to work in the native Word architecture. It is akin to being a QB and suddenly the coach makes you a DE.

Thanks for your help.

Pages(Yosemite) versus Pages09 problem

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.