Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

itunes 12 update wont allow album editing

I have recently changed my computer, but all my iTunes media is backed up on a separate drive.

I installed iTunes onto my newer pc running windows 7.

after hours of sorting things I managed to reinstall all my media.

The problem is some of the album artwork is missing, not a problem normally, so I did what I always did to try and copy and paste it into iTunes, but to no avail.

I then tried to edit some songs, again not able to do so.

I went onto forums that suggested there might be issues regarding permissions to files and folders, I sorted this so all my permissions are full.

I then read that folders are read only, so again I unchecked the box for read only for the full iTunes media folder.

windows then sorted this after about a couple of minutes.

But still no joy, when I go back into the properties of the iTunes media folder it still has the box checked for read only files.

Is there some sort of default to this as I apply the changes and windows changes the folders and files accordingly at the time.

but as soon as I come out of the properties its defaulted to read only again and I'm wondering if this is why I cannot edit or change anything in iTunes?

iPad 2, Windows 7

Posted on Apr 30, 2015 10:15 AM

Question marked as Best reply
3 replies

itunes 12 update wont allow album editing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.