Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

3D Titles Don't Render Correctly at Best Quality

I just began playing around with the new 3D titles in FCP X/Motion. I am doing a virtual camera dolly in on the text with a depth of field effect to match a slow real world push in. The text looks fine initially, but gets all blurry and pixelated once I render, either in Motion or by publishing the title to FCP X and rendering it there.

For now, the workaround is to render in Motion at Normal quality and bake the effect into the video, which works fine for this particular project, but obviously it would be nice to be able to publish 3D text to FCP X and have it render correctly. Has anyone else had this issue and know of a fix?

Here are a couple screenshots showing the title before and after render. The artifacts introduced in rendering are even more pronounced when it's not just a still frame.

User uploaded fileUser uploaded file

Computer specs: iMac 27in (Mid 2011) 3.4GHZ i7, 16GB, AMD Radeon HD 6970 w/ 2GB, OS X 10.10.3.

Posted on Apr 30, 2015 11:45 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 1, 2015 11:34 AM

May be a playback issue with your GPU. Have you tried to export to a QT file and see what it looks like?

3 replies

3D Titles Don't Render Correctly at Best Quality

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.