Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I set the world clock on the iwatch to a default city?

My world clock on my paired Iphone originally had Las Vegas as the first time zone and that is what is on my iwatch clock face. I wanted to change that to another city so I deleted Las Vegas and I added London. I then went into the iwatch app on the phone thinking that would update the default city on the watch. Nothing changed and Las Vegas still shows up on the iwatch even though Las Vegas was deleted from my world clock on my iphone. How do you change that?

Posted on Apr 30, 2015 11:58 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 30, 2015 12:52 PM

I figured it out. You add all the time zones to the world clock on the Iphone and then you press and hold the watch face to customize the watch face. You tap the world clock and then turn the digital crown to select the city. When I did that before it did not work, so I must have done something wrong. I think the is the way it works.

22 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 30, 2015 12:52 PM in response to goldndoodle

I figured it out. You add all the time zones to the world clock on the Iphone and then you press and hold the watch face to customize the watch face. You tap the world clock and then turn the digital crown to select the city. When I did that before it did not work, so I must have done something wrong. I think the is the way it works.

May 26, 2015 5:20 AM in response to JeffLeach

i added all time zones on iphone clock app, changed shanghai to the first default one, but my watch is still showing cupertino. i tapped world clock on the watch and turn it to shanghai but when i go back to main page, it is still showing cupertino after all i have done. it is very frustrating. i restarted 10 times on apple watch. i installed the latest update also.

May 26, 2015 3:38 PM in response to jerryshen

You add your time zones in the clock app on the IPhone.

The world clock in a customization panel on the watch face is changed as explained above. You press and hold the watch face to customize it. You tap the customization panel for the world clock you want to change. You use the digital crown to select the city/time zone and tap the watch face once to save it. This assumes the customization panel is a clock and you have a watch face selection with customization panels.

If you want to change city/time zone in glances then that is different. That is done the way goldndoodle stated in this thread. That is done exclusively on the IPhone. The apple watch glances default city is the top one in the IPhone world clock app list. You press edit in the IPhone world clock list and then press and hold the handle to the right of the city and move that to the top of the list then release and press done. That is it and if that does not work then make a genius bar appointment.

Jul 31, 2015 8:56 PM in response to JeffLeach

There is an issue in the software. I deleted all by my domestic time and then added more, and experienced the same problem as you. My solution was to add the originals (in my case milan and edinburgh) before adding the others I wanted. This updated the list appropriately. It is something to do with deleting a timezone that is on one of the watch face complications that overwhelms the software and blocks it from refreshing your preferences 🙂

Oct 13, 2015 9:52 PM in response to allengradnigo

This is the only solution to the problem. It does no good to try and set a default on the iPhone. This is the solution:

On the watch face press and hold - this brings up the Customize option

2. Press Customize

3. Scroll the screen left (there are 2 screens for the modular watch face. This brings up a screen where different components can be selected, they will be outlined in a color

4. Highlight the 2nd time zone.

4. Rotate the crown to Select the second time zone and use the crown to select your choice of alternate time zone.

5. Press crown until you return to the watch face

6. Wolla, it is changed!

Nov 16, 2015 11:58 AM in response to Roy Endres

When you are on the watch face, press your finger down on the center of the watch face and DO NOT RELEASE pressure until the face shrinks in size and you see Customize at the bottom of the screen. Then quickly touch "Customize". A Green Highlight will appear in the center of the screen with the word CALENDAR at the top of the green highlight. Do not press on this area. Go to the lower right side of the screen and press where "CUP" or your other city time abbreviation appears. Once you press on it a green highlighted area will appear with "WORLDCLOCK" at the top. Now turn the digital crown until you find the city time zone that you want to have appear. Then quickly press the crown to get back to your clock screen...Touch the screen again to get out of "CUSTOMIZE"....

Note that the local city time zone options in your WATCH are set up in your iPhone under the clock... IF you have not set up these cities yet you will need to go to "CLOCK" on your iPhone... Then torch World Clock at the bottom left of the screen...Then touch EDIT at the top left corner... You can now delete or add cites along with their respective time zones... Note that you can also change the order that the cities appear by using the three hash lines at the right side of the screen and dragging the city either up or down on the screen.. Note that the city will be highlighted once you push your finger on the hash lines....

How do I set the world clock on the iwatch to a default city?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.