Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Itunes stops responding when I try to eject my ipod classic

I have been experiencing this for the last day or so and I am not sure what to do. I have an ipod classic as one of several devices that I update with this version of itunes for Windows. After syncing my ipod the application freezes. It does not respond to any stimuli, no mouse, keyboard. It just gets stuck on the screen where I see the device. I have to kill the application to do anything from here.

User uploaded file

iPod classic, Windows XP Pro, SP 3

Posted on Apr 30, 2015 1:36 PM

3 replies

May 3, 2015 9:33 PM in response to brenden dv

My computer is running Windows 7 Pro SP1 with all updates and I do not see anything in that article other than perhaps uninstalling and reinstalling iTunes that helps. I do not have any third party apps related to Apple. I do have one or two third party applications that work with Microsoft Office products and they were installed long before iTunes stopped working, so I do not believe that they have anything to do with iTunes's problems.

I have verified that there are no third party apps working with iTunes. ITunes only freezes when I attempt to disconnect the ipod. It d

Question:

If I uninstall this current version of iTunes, I do not want to lose any of my playlists, including those created by Genius. Do I have to do anything in particular to ensure that this information is preserved so that I can restore it after a reinstall?

May 5, 2015 2:55 PM in response to henryfrommorristown

Hi henryfrommorristown,

An uninstall/reinstall of iTunes should not affect your playlists, but if you are concerned, you may find the following articles on backing up and/or recreating your playlists helpful:

Back up your iTunes library by copying it to an external drive - Apple Support

iTunes: How to re-create your iTunes library and playlists - Apple Support

Regards,

- Brenden

Itunes stops responding when I try to eject my ipod classic

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.