Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why can't I get my old iPod working?

I've been trying to connect my old iPod to my iTunes to unlock it because it says 'iPod is disabled connect to iTunes'.

But my iTunes is telling me to enter my passcode into my iPod so it can access it. How am I meant to do this when it's completely disabled?

I've tried resetting it but it doesn't want to work for some reason. Is there any way I can sort it out before I just get rid? It's not worth the hassle!!

Been sat here for hours searching for answers, no luck there! Any tips would be great! I just need the iPod working!

Thanks!

Z

iPod touch, iOS 3.1.2, 16GB

Posted on Apr 30, 2015 1:32 PM

1 reply

May 2, 2015 1:03 PM in response to AppleIsAPileOfCrap

Hi there,

I see that your iPod has been disabled, but you would like to access it and can’t enter the password in order to restore it. You may need to try using recovery mode to restore your iPod, as mentioned here:

iTunes

If you've synced your device with iTunes, you can restore your device.

1. Connect the device to the computer you normally sync with.
  2. Open iTunes. If iTunes asks you to enter your passcode or asks you to allow access, try another computer that you've synced with. Or use recovery mode. (Click the link to be taken to the steps.)
  3. iTunes will automatically sync your device and create a backup. If it doesn't, sync the device with iTunes.
  4. After the sync is complete, restore your device.

User uploaded file

5. When iOS Setup Assistant asks to set up your device, choose "Restore from iTunes backup."
  6. Select your device in iTunes and choose the most recent backup.

Forgot passcode for your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, or your device is disabled - Apple Support

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204306

Thanks for coming to the Apple Support Communities!

Cheers,

Braden

Why can't I get my old iPod working?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.