Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

bluetooth cannot pair samsung s6 and macbook pro retina

Hi all,

I'm trying to pair my new samsung S6 to my 2013 macbook pro retina running yosemite. I have gone to "bluetooth preferences" and I can hit pair and the S6 receives the code to verify and it connects, but then immediately disconnects and goes to a not connected status on the MBPro. I keep receiving a "network is unavailable" message on the MBPro when I go to try again to connect it.

For troubleshooting, I have enabled file and bluetooth sharing in system pref's. I have re-started both devices. I have re-started bluetooth on both devices without a total restart. I have enabled media share on the S6 just in case it was that.

On the S6 under the bluetooth menu, it is saying it is paired up with my MBPro. On the MBPro however, it is showing a "not connected" status.

I would love to transfer photos and video from the S6 to my MBPro via the bluetooth connection. Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you,

Chris

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Yosemite (10.10.3)

Posted on Apr 30, 2015 2:11 PM

4 replies

bluetooth cannot pair samsung s6 and macbook pro retina

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.