Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

2 AppleTVs cannot be accessed or seen....

We are having issues with our 2 Apple TVs. One is an AppleTV 2 and the other is an AppleTV 3. We have a small tv that the 2 is attached to. And our larger tv that the 3 is attached to. Note: we upgraded our Comcast service to X1 and the Apple TVs have not worked since. I talked to Comcast. They checked from their end and our wifi is working fine. It's just the AppleTVs that aren't working. Our issues with the small tv and AppleTV 2 are:

1. It's always on (little light is on on the front).

2. The Apple TV remote does NOT turn it off.

3. We cannot see anything on my iTunes-Home Sharing is on. The AppleTV light is on but other than that we can't use the AppleTV.

Our issues with the large tv and AppleTV 3 are:

1. Apple TV is off and no matter what remote we use, we can't turn it on. I unplugged it and plugged it back in.

2. With the remote that came with the TV we can switch to the HDMI that the AppleTV is plugged into but it won't turn on the AppleTV. Nothing happens. It's plugged into HDMI 3 on a Samsung TV that we bought about 3 years ago.

3. It is plugged into a power strip which is on.

Is it likely that both AppleTVs are broken at the same time?

We both have MBPs running Yosemite. I haven't been able to update our AppleTVs for quite awhile. I have an iPhone 6 and my hubby has a 5C. We both have iPads.

Another issue is that I can't AirPlay on either TV.

So I am really hoping that someone can help us with these issues. We are stumped! Thanks for any help, Judy

Posted on Apr 30, 2015 5:46 PM

2 replies

2 AppleTVs cannot be accessed or seen....

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.