Newsroom Update

The redesigned iPad Air and new iPad Pro with Apple silicon are now available. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Clash of Clans - cannot update

I was trying to update the Clash of Clans update that came out today on my husbands ipad 1, the new update says it is compatible with IOS 5.1.1 and we are up to date with that update. However, when I go to update the app, I get an error saying, "Cannot connect to the iTunes store." I can go into the iTunes store and I have downloaded other apps, however if I go back to update the COC app I get the error message again. I have tried logging out and back in, cutting it off and back on, and other hacks I have found online with changing the date and the parental controls one way and then back....no luck. Any ideas?

iPad, iOS 5.1.1

Posted on Apr 30, 2015 3:55 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 1, 2015 2:43 AM

I was having the exact same issue with my sons ipad 1 but finally found very simple solution. Simply delete current clash of clans app and go back to App Store and install it. Now that it says get instead of update it will actually work. as long as your game center account is linked to your coc account it will pull your base right back in.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 1, 2015 2:43 AM in response to xelpmoc2

I was having the exact same issue with my sons ipad 1 but finally found very simple solution. Simply delete current clash of clans app and go back to App Store and install it. Now that it says get instead of update it will actually work. as long as your game center account is linked to your coc account it will pull your base right back in.

Clash of Clans - cannot update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.