Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mac OS X Server 4.1, Xcode 6.3.1 "This version of Xcode cannot be used with this server"

I'm utterly confused.

The documentation for Mac OS X Server (from https://help.apple.com/serverapp/mac/4.0/#/apdA154F061-7CE4-4A58-843D-DC2CE3A1AE 8C ) shows that Xcode 6 or later (my emphasis). I have installed Mac OS X 10.10.3, Mac OS X Server 4.1, Xcode 6.3.1. I have no apps in the App Store's "Update" tab that need to be updated (just now double-checked). I clicked to the Xcode tab under "Services" in OS X Server, clicked the "Choose Xcode…" button, selected the version of Xcode from the Applications folder on the root HDD, and got the error message "This version of Xcode cannot be used with OS X Server."

So .... now what?

iMac, OS X Server, Base Mac OS X of 10.10.3

Posted on Apr 30, 2015 4:45 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 16, 2015 10:48 AM

Please see this duplicate post, which has a working solution (namely, run 'Fix Permissions' in Disk Utilty and reboot).

"This version of Xcode cannot be used with OS X Server"

3 replies

Jul 16, 2015 1:02 PM in response to QRSW

Oh. I did my search on Google, which listed both forum topics here (as well as some other stuff).

But there is obviously a problem, since the title of both this forum topic, and the (solved) one to which I've linked above, are both basically the same; yet, 31 people "have this question too". In other words, 31 people were not able to find the (solved) forum topic. Probably they experienced the same thing you did?

Mac OS X Server 4.1, Xcode 6.3.1 "This version of Xcode cannot be used with this server"

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.