Newsroom Update

Beginning in May, a special Today at Apple series titled “Made for Business” will offer small business owners and entrepreneurs free opportunities to learn how Apple products and services can support their growth and success. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How Long to Redeem Lion

I am redeeming the purchase of Lion for my MacBookPro. I have a page from Apple that says:

"You have succesfully redeemed your code. Your app is now downloading"

however, there is no indication of downloading activity. No activity. I am used to seeing an activity indicator of some kind.

Is it really downloading or has been stalled? How long to wait? Thanks

iPhoto '11, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Apr 30, 2015 5:40 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 30, 2015 5:48 PM

Check the Dock for an icon with a small photo of a lion in it, and keep an eye on its progress bar. It may take several hours or more to fully download.

(126879)

5 replies

Apr 30, 2015 5:53 PM in response to Niel

Niel, Thank you. I went to the dock and saw the little, horizontal indicator of progress. I clicked on it and tried to move it to the desktop-----It just made a rushing noise and the disappeared from sight. No sign of it anywhere now....I hope I didn't disturb it??? Could I have interrupted the progress? Thanks Niel.

Apr 30, 2015 5:58 PM in response to Niel

They don't make it easy. I have gone thru several steps to get this far. Passwords. Content code. Another code. Two emails. Waited a day to get

the messages....Blah Blah Blah.

I need a new computer because my MacBookPro is a 2006 model...has served me well, but Macintosh is so product orientated and I'm forced to buy a new machine for new apps. And, online help is tedious. Thanks Niel.

Apr 30, 2015 7:01 PM in response to jangle2

Regarding download of Lion-----It has been downloading for an hour++...........still waiting.

Question: What happens if I have to stop the download? I'm in a libary that closes in an hour.

I may have to unplug without completing the download.

Will I be able to attempt it again?? Thanks for any answers to this.

How Long to Redeem Lion

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.