Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

i can't use netflix on my apple tv with time capsule

it appears my time capsule is blocking netflix use. can you help with this.

Apple TV, OS X Yosemite (10.10.3)

Posted on Apr 30, 2015 4:29 PM

6 replies

May 1, 2015 2:35 PM in response to LaPastenague

its a Arris NVG589. i put the tc on bridge and now the ethernet cable is blinking amber at the ATT modem. like its not connected. i dont have te network even on. im wondering if i need to do something in another tab? internet is DHCP. thats what it says connect using. in network. router mode is off. bridge. nothing in the bottom settings. thanks

May 1, 2015 3:06 PM in response to jrendon

Arris NVG589

This is a full modem gateway router.. so it should always stay as the main router.

i put the tc on bridge and now the ethernet cable is blinking amber at the ATT modem.

The setup as far as you have described it is correct.. but the ethernet link is apparently down.. this is a common problem on the AC model TC.

Can you give me the actual TC model as well.. sorry I should have asked in the first post more explicitly.

If it is the tall AC one just say.. AC.

Do you have the ethernet cord plugged into the WAN port of the TC.. ?? Please move it to any of the LAN ports.. see what happens.. it should link and have a solid green light on the TC port and the Arris..

Your TC should pickup an IP from the Arris and should have no problems.. or minor ones..

Please give me the summary screenshot from your TC..

It should look like this.

User uploaded file

May 1, 2015 3:17 PM in response to LaPastenague

So their could be a simple resolution for your issue.

You'll want to check the Apple TV DNS settings, Navigate to Settings, General, Network and Click on your wifi network. Then click again on your wifi network.

You should see settings for IP (automatic) and DNS (automatic)

If DNS is anything other than automatic, you have found your problem. If you're DNS settings are set to automatic, then you may want to check the ATT router/ or Time Capsule DNS settings.

You can try Open DNS settings in replace of Automatic for Apple TV and test Netflix. Does it work?

i can't use netflix on my apple tv with time capsule

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.