Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacPro/Parallel/Microsoft Office 365/Microsoft Access

Microsoft Office 2011 for Mac is already installed on my MacPro...all programs (W,P,X,O) except Microsoft Access.

I was told to installed the 14 day trial of Parallel on my MacPro, create a virtual machine using Windows 8.1, then I'd be able to install MS Office 365 on the virtual machine, which would give me all programs including Microsoft Access.

I purchased Windows 8.1 disk which I installed by CD/DVD using Parallel to create a virtual machine.

That part worked perfectly from what I can see.

Problem:

I don't know how to uninstall MS Office 2011 for Mac from my MacPro...I tried to install MS Office 365 without uninstalling MS Office 2011 for Mac and ended up with 2 MS Office icons for each program in the dock (W,P,X,O)...but no MS Access program. I'm thinking I need to uninstall MS Office 2011 for Mac, before installing MS Office 365...Is that correct, and if so, can someone help me through this process?

Thank you,

Carla

MacBook Pro with Retina display

Posted on Apr 30, 2015 4:21 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 30, 2015 7:11 PM

MS Office 2011 is a Mac application and the Office 365 you have installed in Win 8 in Parallels is a Windows application. There's no need to uninstall Mac Office. Parallels has a feature called "Coherence View mode" and that's the way it starts up by default. You can turn Coherence off by following these instructions. I'd suggest just running the Windows applications in the Windows VM's desktop and Mac Office in OS X. That should allow you to get MS Access working for you.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 30, 2015 7:11 PM in response to CThistle

MS Office 2011 is a Mac application and the Office 365 you have installed in Win 8 in Parallels is a Windows application. There's no need to uninstall Mac Office. Parallels has a feature called "Coherence View mode" and that's the way it starts up by default. You can turn Coherence off by following these instructions. I'd suggest just running the Windows applications in the Windows VM's desktop and Mac Office in OS X. That should allow you to get MS Access working for you.

MacPro/Parallel/Microsoft Office 365/Microsoft Access

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.