Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

When I try to FaceTime or audio call my child on his device another child answers on a different device. How do I fix this?

When I try to FaceTime or audio call my child on his iPod touch, a child using a different device answers. How can I fix this?

iPod touch, iOS 8.1.3

Posted on Apr 30, 2015 4:51 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 1, 2015 1:36 AM

On the other devices go to Settings>FaceTime>You can be reached at and uncheck/delete email address/phone number and add email address/phone number as appropriate.

Bot that an iPod/iPad will only have a phone number if the same ID is used for Messages on both devices.

iOS and OS X: Link your phone number and Apple ID for use with FaceTime and iMessage

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 1, 2015 1:36 AM in response to sharksfromlakes

On the other devices go to Settings>FaceTime>You can be reached at and uncheck/delete email address/phone number and add email address/phone number as appropriate.

Bot that an iPod/iPad will only have a phone number if the same ID is used for Messages on both devices.

iOS and OS X: Link your phone number and Apple ID for use with FaceTime and iMessage

When I try to FaceTime or audio call my child on his device another child answers on a different device. How do I fix this?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.