Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Moving from shared iCloud account to Family Share?

Hello,

Right now, four family members share a single iTunes account, primarily for ease of accessing apps. As our kids get older, however, it seems that it may make more sense for them each to have their own iTunes account. But, Family Share looks like it may offer some benefits for sharing purchased content (on the primary iTunes account).

What I want to know is: if an iOS device has been sharing a single iTunes account and then starts using its own account, but engages Family Share, is there a way to do this sequence so that they do not have to re-install all the apps and other content that is registered to the primary iTunes account? In other words, I'm afraid that if I tell my daughter to start using her own iTunes account, all of the apps on her iPhone will break. Then I'd activate Family Share, and she'd have to reinstall everything that was/is registered to me. Is there a sequence that can avoid this?

Thanks!

Tiger

Mac mini, OS X Mavericks (10.9.1)

Posted on Apr 30, 2015 7:37 PM

1 reply

Moving from shared iCloud account to Family Share?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.