Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Imessage

I got my ipod touch 5th gen this is my first apple product and i want to use imessage with wifi but i keep on getting a red bubble i try to send messages to my parents but when i type a message it doesnt let me send it so what do i do?

iPod touch, iOS 8.3, my first apple product

Posted on Apr 30, 2015 11:02 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 30, 2015 11:20 PM

Hi there Arkhamfiend,

The red bubble is an indication that the message did not get sent properly. Common causes of this problem are usually Wi-Fi problems (in which case turning off and then back on your wireless access point may fix the problem) or the people you are trying to send a message to have something wrong with their devices.

Try turning your device off then back on again, and if no luck, try turning off your wireless access point (Wi-Fi router). If still no success, try referring to the following article written by Apple: If you can't send or receive messages on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 30, 2015 11:20 PM in response to Arkhamfiend

Hi there Arkhamfiend,

The red bubble is an indication that the message did not get sent properly. Common causes of this problem are usually Wi-Fi problems (in which case turning off and then back on your wireless access point may fix the problem) or the people you are trying to send a message to have something wrong with their devices.

Try turning your device off then back on again, and if no luck, try turning off your wireless access point (Wi-Fi router). If still no success, try referring to the following article written by Apple: If you can't send or receive messages on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Imessage

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.