Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to find files deleted in a wrong way hidden in imovie gallery?

I Just realized I've been deleting the files from my gallery in the wrong way. Only pressing DEL. Now I have 30GB of trash in my imovie that a I can't see. I know there are there but ˆcan find them to delete. How can I solve this?

MacBook Air

Posted on Apr 30, 2015 8:18 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 1, 2015 1:56 AM

Pressing DEL flags a clip as "Rejected". Make sure that to the right above the event pane it says "All Clips" and not "Hide Rejected". The clips you have tried to delete will now appear with a red line across the top. If you set it to read "Rejected" only these clips will appear and you can select them all and right-click - Send to Trash. They will not actually appear in the trash can but will be permanently deleted when you quit iMovie.

Geoff.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 1, 2015 1:56 AM in response to Caroca01

Pressing DEL flags a clip as "Rejected". Make sure that to the right above the event pane it says "All Clips" and not "Hide Rejected". The clips you have tried to delete will now appear with a red line across the top. If you set it to read "Rejected" only these clips will appear and you can select them all and right-click - Send to Trash. They will not actually appear in the trash can but will be permanently deleted when you quit iMovie.

Geoff.

How to find files deleted in a wrong way hidden in imovie gallery?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.