Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I updated to final cut X, 10.2 and now my video clips dont show in my project

Recently just updated final cut to the newer latest version and now when i open my project the video clips look like they are missing or wont play but audio from the same videos plays. I reveal video in finder and try and play them and they wont play in quick time either it trys to convert them and then fails. They are .mov files. Anyone experience this?User uploaded file

iMac, OS X Yosemite (10.10.3)

Posted on Apr 30, 2015 10:24 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 1, 2015 11:30 AM

Begin by deleting render files. Select your library, and go to File->Delete Generated Library Files... and check the render files.

23 replies

May 1, 2015 9:27 AM in response to Tom Wolsky

Tom Wolsky wrote:

What are the media specs? Where did it come from?

Resolving Black Frames Issues with Panasonic AVCHD and Final Cut Pro X 10.2 - Apple Support

Hi Tom,

The link says, you may have black frames if:

"You're working with Panasonic AVCHD video files from an AVCCAM device recorded at 25p or 30p."

Can I know what id AVCCAM ?

I record a lot using Panasonic GH4 in 4K and Panasonic GX7 which is AVCHD.

Is my following assumption correct :

Assumption 1:

Panasonic GH4 would not be a problem bcos it records in 4K

Assumption 2:

My AVCHD from Panasonic GX7 wold not be a problem because all these while it ingest without problem. (NB: I dunno whether my GX7 records in AVCCAM)

Thanks

May 1, 2015 10:16 AM in response to Luis Sequeira1

It doesnt seem to have done anything.

The wierd thing is, and maybe this will help, The clips that do play I can reveal in browser, then reveal in finder, and it is in "Original Media" folder which i beleive is on the desktop and the .mov file inside does play.

When I do the same for the bad files, it opens up on the external hardrive where to footage was imported from and not in original media, and that .mov file WONT play in quicktime...

May 1, 2015 3:46 PM in response to bhollehday

I think I have a work around for this. FCPX isn't let me transcode AVCHD files properly. They import, but the transcode only covers a few video frames at the beginning of the clip (the audio seems to be there). Anyway, I opened iMovie and imported the clips from the AVCHD file to an event. Then, in iMovie, under File, Send Event to Final Cut Pro. Once the event is in FCP I can transcode it. Hope this helps you.

May 1, 2015 5:16 PM in response to bhollehday

Well its interesting how some of my clips are still there. When I go into reveal in browser, then reveal in finder, theres the .mov file. It plays on quick time and apears to be in "Original Media" located on the local HDD. When I do the same on the clips that dont show, when i reveal in finder it take me to where the original clip is on my external hardrive, which is a .mov file that does not play on qquicktime for some reason.

From what ive read those two problems dont seem to be the same at all?

I updated to final cut X, 10.2 and now my video clips dont show in my project

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.