Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My Lacie drive will not show up on my macbook, but will show on the desktop.

All of a sudden my Lacie G Drive will not show up on my Macbook Pro. It will, however, show on my other Mac computer. It shows in the disk utility as "unmounted". What does that mean and how can i fix it. All suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

eMac, Mac OS X (10.4.3)

Posted on Apr 30, 2015 11:08 PM

4 replies

May 1, 2015 7:17 PM in response to lllaass

My laptop is plugged in. I'm running Yosemite. The Lacie drive does show up in the disk utility, I've done repair, etc. Everything shows up fine. It still won't mount when I clicked the mount option. I get the message "Mount failed. The disk LaCie could not be mounted. Try running First Aid on the disk and then retry mounting." I've done the first aid; doesn't help; still same message. Then it told me it couldn't be mounted because there was no mount point. I'm not sure what a mount point is. Both desktop and laptop are the latest version. It always worked on both machines before last night.

May 2, 2015 9:29 AM in response to lllaass

Tried again last night and noticed a quick small notice flash at the top of the screen: "LaCie removable media was blocked by ESET Cyber Security". After fighting with the system for ten minutes I finally found the uninstall for ESET, did it, and was able to mount my LaCie drive again. It had never done that before, but whatever works! I still have it uninstalled and don't know if I will install it again.

Thanks for your efforts to help me.

My Lacie drive will not show up on my macbook, but will show on the desktop.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.