Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

There's something wrong with the text on my laptop.

Hello pls help 😟 whenever I try to type something on my Calendar, Stickies app, even in facebook chat boxes, there seems to be something wrong with the spaces between the text when I press enter (i think it's what you call the Leading). I don't know what happened but about 2 weeks ago my laptop hung and suddenly the text becomes like these (pls see photos attached) 😟 I've tried restarting my laptop several times but nothing happens. I'm using a MacBook Pro 13" OS X Yosemite Version 10.10.2. Please help! Thank you.

User uploaded fileUser uploaded file

MacBook Pro, OS X Yosemite (10.10.2)

Posted on Apr 30, 2015 10:43 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 3, 2015 6:10 AM

Back up all data before proceeding.

Launch the Font Book application and validate all fonts. You must select the fonts in order to validate them. See the built-in help and this support article for instructions. If Font Book finds any issues, resolve them.

Start up in safe mode to rebuild the font caches. Restart as usual and test.

Note: If FileVault is enabled in OS X 10.9 or earlier, or if a firmware password is set, or if the startup volume is a software RAID, you can’t start in safe mode. In that case, ask for instructions.

If you still have problems, then from the Font Book menu bar, select

FileRestore Standard Fonts...

You'll be prompted to confirm, and then to enter your administrator login password.

Also note that if you deactivate or remove any built-in fonts, for instance by using a third-party font manager, the system may become unstable.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 3, 2015 6:10 AM in response to pizzasnpinapples

Back up all data before proceeding.

Launch the Font Book application and validate all fonts. You must select the fonts in order to validate them. See the built-in help and this support article for instructions. If Font Book finds any issues, resolve them.

Start up in safe mode to rebuild the font caches. Restart as usual and test.

Note: If FileVault is enabled in OS X 10.9 or earlier, or if a firmware password is set, or if the startup volume is a software RAID, you can’t start in safe mode. In that case, ask for instructions.

If you still have problems, then from the Font Book menu bar, select

FileRestore Standard Fonts...

You'll be prompted to confirm, and then to enter your administrator login password.

Also note that if you deactivate or remove any built-in fonts, for instance by using a third-party font manager, the system may become unstable.

There's something wrong with the text on my laptop.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.