Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Macbook Pro Mid 2012 13" Freeze while pressuring left part of keyboard

Hello,

first of all i would like to apologize for my english but i think it is the best idea to represent my problem to a big community.

I own my Macbook since 2012 and had no problems. To let you know: I replaced the original HDD with a Samsung SSD EVO 840 and put the HDD into the cd drive with a hardwrk adapter.

Last week I got my macbook to work as usual. When i opened it, it was hot and had done a restart. To figure out the problem I took my open MacBook out for a walk in my home. While walking it freezes and i got some graphic issues.

When i use my Macbook on a solid ground i got no problem. But if i put it on my sleeve and pressure the left side of the keyboard it shows the graphic issues and freezes instantly. (see attached photo)

If I continuing pressuring those graphic issues continues (different pattern) even if the macbook is still freezed.

I think it is kind of a problem with the logicboard or the monitoradapter.

Can anybody help me?

Best regards,

cirq

User uploaded file

MacBook Pro (13-inch Mid 2012), OS X Yosemite (10.10.3)

Posted on May 1, 2015 3:31 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 1, 2015 3:43 AM

If you have a monitor, connect it to the MBP. If it duplicates that display, then the GPU is the prime suspect. If the monitor display is normal. the the MBP display or the connection to it is at fault.

You could run an Apple Hardware Test:

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201257

Note that an error free AHT is not definitive.

You probably will have to seek assistance from a repair facility.

Ciao.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 1, 2015 3:43 AM in response to cirq

If you have a monitor, connect it to the MBP. If it duplicates that display, then the GPU is the prime suspect. If the monitor display is normal. the the MBP display or the connection to it is at fault.

You could run an Apple Hardware Test:

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201257

Note that an error free AHT is not definitive.

You probably will have to seek assistance from a repair facility.

Ciao.

May 6, 2015 7:13 AM in response to OGELTHORPE

I ran an extended Apple Hardware Test and there was no problem found.

Also I tested it while attached to a second monitor and while reproducing the problem the graphic issues also appeared on the external device.

I went to an Apple Reseller and he blamed it on some kind of RAM problem. I replaced my upgraded 8GB RAM with the orginal 4GB RAM but it did not solve the problem. The only thing that changed that now my Mac restarts itself and got me this problem report: http://pastebin.com/C7L6AZE1

Best Regards.

Macbook Pro Mid 2012 13" Freeze while pressuring left part of keyboard

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.