Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

New Macbook Retina shutting down after inactivity

I have a new 2015 Macbook Retina. I have had had it for two weeks now, and three times now I have come back to my computer with it being shut down. In all cases, the laptop was plugged in, and the screen was open.

There don't appear to be any issues when I turn it back on, but this behavior is not normal. There is nothing in the Energy Saver for a shutdown. Has anyone else experienced this, or have any suggestions for what may be causing it? I am leaving it plugged in and open frequently to allow my photos to do the initial synch with iCloud Photos. Let's just say my library isn't small. Any help would be appreciated.

MacBook, OS X Yosemite (10.10.3)

Posted on May 1, 2015 6:26 AM

1 reply

May 1, 2015 10:09 AM in response to scahillnc

The warranty entitles you to complimentary phone support for the first 90 days of ownership.

If you bought the product in the U.S. directly from Apple (not from a reseller), you have 14 days from the date of delivery in which to exchange or return it for a refund. In other countries, the return policy may be different. If you bought from a reseller, its return policy applies.

New Macbook Retina shutting down after inactivity

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.