Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Playlists aren't visible on iPod Touch

I just bought a new iPod Touch 64GB. I moved about 50GB of songs onto it from iTunes on my Macbook Pro, then transferred several playlists.

For some reason, some of the playlists are not visible on the iPod Touch. When I connect the iPod to the Macbook, iTunes shows the playlists being under the iPod. Also, if I try transferring the playlists again, I'm told that playlists with those names already exist on the Macbook, and am asked if I want to replace them. Even if I do, however, they are still not visible on the iPod.

The only issue I can think of is that these particular playlists contain some songs that were not yet on the iPod. (My entire music collection won't fit on the iPod -- I miss my old iPod Classic!)

When I transferred playlists to my other iPods, any songs that were not yet on the iPod would be automatically transferred. Is there something I need to set to make this happen for the new iPod? (I have tens of thousands of songs, so it would be very tedious if I had to manually check to make sure every song from a playlist is already on the iPod if I want to transfer the playlist to it.) Or is there some other reason possibly responsible for the playlists not appearing?

Posted on May 1, 2015 6:12 AM

2 replies

May 1, 2015 6:17 AM in response to FrankO23

Try:

- Reset the iOS device. Nothing will be lost

Reset iOS device: Hold down the On/Off button and the Home button at the same time for at

least ten seconds, until the Apple logo appears.

- Unsync/delete all music and resync

To delete all music go to Settings>General>Usage>Storage>Manage Storage>Music>Tap edit in upper right and then tap the minus sign by All Music

- Reset all settings

Go to Settings > General > Reset and tap Reset All Settings.

All your preferences and settings are reset. Information (such as contacts and calendars) and media (such as songs and videos) aren’t affected.

- Restore from backup. See:

iOS: Back up and restore your iOS device with iCloud or iTunes

- Restore to factory settings/new iOS device.

May 1, 2015 7:54 AM in response to lllaass

To delete all music go to Settings>General>Usage>Storage>Manage Storage>Music>Tap edit in upper right and then tap the minus sign by All Music

Thanks. I'm having a little difficulty with menu navigation. If I plug the iPod into the Macbook, the sidebar on the left in iTunes shows the iPod and has a heading "Settings." However, I'm not seeing a category "General" underneath it, or any way to get to the rest of that breadcrumb trail. Starting from total scratch, how exactly do I find those menu selections?

Playlists aren't visible on iPod Touch

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.