Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

10 failed passcode attempts

I Have 10 failed passcode attempts. What will happen if i enter it wrong once again? As far as i recall, i had not selected the 'erase all data' option. Please help me.

iPad mini Wi-Fi + Cellular (MM), iOS 6.1.3

Posted on May 1, 2015 3:59 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 1, 2015 10:12 AM

You will be locked out (you won't have the option of trying again ) & will have to restore using iTunes:

Forgot passcode for your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, or your device is disabled - Apple Support

9 replies

May 1, 2015 9:43 PM in response to Liarone

Yes, it will. The restrictions passcode is in the backup. If you restore as new, that will remove the passcode, but if you restore the backup, that will just put the passcode that you do not know back on the phone and you will be in the same place, same problem. You have to restore as new to remove the passcode, then sync your content back manually.

May 1, 2015 9:47 PM in response to Liarone

Well, due to forgotten passcode device needs to be restored and setup as a new device. Suppose that you've backup, do not install it since, backup also including passwords.

If you ve iCloud account signed in device, check your contacts on icloud.com see if it's synced or not.

Besides, you can try to import photos/videos manually to PC if you connect device to PC before and tap on trust before. Otherwise, you can view the content before unlocking screen.

10 failed passcode attempts

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.