Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone backup

I keep getting a message on my iPhone that it hasn't been backed up since April 9. I checked the settings, and iCloud is set to back up automatically, but for some reason, it's not happening. What should I do?

iPhone 5, iOS 8

Posted on May 1, 2015 5:41 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 3, 2015 6:03 AM

Hello Nancy,

Thank you for visiting Apple Support Communities.

It seems that your iPhone is not backing up to iCloud automatically, even though you've turned on this setting.

Your iPhone should normally create a backup when it is connected to Wi-Fi and a power source, and the screen is locked.

If your device doesn't back up when these conditions are met, see this article for some other things to check next:

Get help backing up your device in iCloud - Apple Support

All the best,

Jeremy

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 3, 2015 6:03 AM in response to Nancy Blazis

Hello Nancy,

Thank you for visiting Apple Support Communities.

It seems that your iPhone is not backing up to iCloud automatically, even though you've turned on this setting.

Your iPhone should normally create a backup when it is connected to Wi-Fi and a power source, and the screen is locked.

If your device doesn't back up when these conditions are met, see this article for some other things to check next:

Get help backing up your device in iCloud - Apple Support

All the best,

Jeremy

iPhone backup

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.