Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Photostream no longer syncs to PC

My photo stream no longer uploads photos to my PC, I've tried re-installing. It used to be fine until an update about a year ago.

Posted on May 1, 2015 6:44 AM

4 replies

May 2, 2015 1:08 PM in response to rehanaisanappleaddict

April 10, 2015 was the last time syncing worked with My Photo Stream for me. I am using a PC with Windows 8.1. This same issue happened once before, and I spent hours on the phone with an Apple tech trying to be helpful, but I gave up. We deleted had deleted iCloud control panel, rebooted, reinstalled it, rebooted, checked the box for pictures, tried new file location, went back old default location, etc., etc. For some odd reason, many weeks later, it started syncing again and My Photo Stream was updated. This continued to work fine until April 10. Now it's not working. I do see my Photos on my MacBook Air and all my Apple devices (iPhone6 and iPad2), so not an issue within the Apple fence. But go to PC and forget it.

Today I got notice of the upgrade to iCloud Control Panel 4.1 - to fix bugs, etc. I was hopeful, but it was the same failure as last time, it just does NOT work at all. I give up with all the uninstall, reinstall, reboots, but if anyone out there has a solution, I sure would be willing to try it out

Thank you!

May 3, 2015 10:00 AM in response to rehanaisanappleaddict

iCloud is hit or miss with Windows. For me it no longer works at all on a Windows 7 PC. When it did work it would sometimes take hours to sync a few photos. I did the same thing - uninstalled, reinstalled 4.1, etc. No effect. It does work on another PC running Windows 10 Technical Preview with no problem. Same Apple and Microsoft ID and logins on both PCs. Go figure.

I just manually upload photos from the iPhone to either Google Drive or OneDrive (made by Apple's two nemeses). Works flawlessly and is accessible anywhere you have a browser.

May 3, 2015 1:11 PM in response to jp98slk

Exactly. I agree, and I give up at this point. I can see all my photos on all my Apple devices and the MacBook Air, so I give up on PC since this is so inconsistent. In addition to the two you mentioned, Dropbox also works nicely with automatic upload from the iPhone and their new companion App, Carousel, is pretty handy.

Thanks for confirming you have the same issues. Maybe Windows 10 will do the trick, interesting to see that is working for you.

Photostream no longer syncs to PC

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.