Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Announcement

Introducing the iPad Pro with Apple M4 chip, the redesigned iPad Air in two sizes, and the all‑new Apple Pencil Pro. Watch the event >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad no longer playing ANY type of video after 8.3 upgrade

My iPad mini can no longer play ANY video. I have tried various movies/tv shows from my library and directly from iTunes. When I play a video, I get the following message "This operation could not be completed. An unknown error occurred (-16710).

I have tried several things including reboot, reset, reset all settings, and a full wipe and restore. No dice. This baby is dead in the water.

Any ideas?

Posted on May 1, 2015 5:01 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 28, 2015 2:47 AM

Did you find a solution? I've got the same problem. (Error -16710) But not only video. Everywhere. In Spotify, amazon Instant Video, AppStore (videos for app preview). I can't play videos or music on my iPad mini. I've reseted the device but that was not the solution. I upgraded to iOS 9.0, but this was not better. Is this an exception for contacting the support w/o paying for it?

iPad mini 1 (WiFi+3G, iOS 8.4, also on iOS 9.0)

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 28, 2015 2:47 AM in response to gmcole

Did you find a solution? I've got the same problem. (Error -16710) But not only video. Everywhere. In Spotify, amazon Instant Video, AppStore (videos for app preview). I can't play videos or music on my iPad mini. I've reseted the device but that was not the solution. I upgraded to iOS 9.0, but this was not better. Is this an exception for contacting the support w/o paying for it?

iPad mini 1 (WiFi+3G, iOS 8.4, also on iOS 9.0)

iPad no longer playing ANY type of video after 8.3 upgrade

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.