Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Verification code does not send to my android phone

I cannot receive verification code to my android phone

iOS 8.1

Posted on May 1, 2015 6:51 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 20, 2015 11:40 AM

In my case, I'm unable to enable the two-step verification through my Apple ID because the verification code will not send to my Android 4.4.2, Samsung Galaxy S4 using Sprint as my carrier. Would anyone happen to know a way around this?

9 replies

Feb 27, 2017 3:00 PM in response to Daragh Smyth

Hi there, a bit late of an answer but here's the solution. You don't get a pop-up where you can fill in the verification code in Android. Instead, after you click on "allow" on the Mac site and get the actual code, you select "try again" on the android so you have to login again. Then comes the trick, when you fill in your Apple ID password, do not hit enter, but put the verification code direct after you password. Do not use spaces, so it will look like something like this: mypassword419251. Thats it! When the verification window on the Mac device pops up, it actually tells you to do this, took me 6 attempt before I noticed though 🙂

Apr 1, 2017 2:50 PM in response to phauxey

Phauxey, I agree. I have been trying to help my daughter with recovering her apple id account. She has tried on-line and she has contacted Apple Support. Four different stories already. The latest story is that you have to have the device (i-Phone) off for up to 8 days. Totally unacceptable. I just checked again on-line and it is still in the recovery process after about 1 month. Absolutely ridiculous. I have called and left three messages for the support agent to call me back. I am now wondering if it would be easier just to create a new apple id.

May 20, 2015 11:52 AM in response to phauxey

Ought to be the same as a normal SMS text. (Not using Sprint here).

Are they slow getting there, or do they literally not arrive at all? (How rigorous your attempt?)

Do your other texts ever take a long time to arrive?

Some texting is sloppy & can take HOURS to show up at the destination.

I’ve seen it come through 5 and 8 hours after it was sent, once in awhile.

No rhyme or reason why one time it will be instantaneous & another time take stupidly long.

fwiw, this is for all texts, not just 2 step verification.

May 20, 2015 11:53 AM in response to CroMagnum

I've tried to complete the verification at least four times now, on different days and multiple times for each attempt. The messages don't come through at all. Signal is fine in my environment--no issues receiving text messages from other people. Also, I don't use/own any Apple product beyond my iMac at work (where I need the access to GSX).

May 20, 2015 1:10 PM in response to phauxey

"Complete the attempt?"

Just to be sure we’re talking about the same thing:

Did you get a recovery code already? Or is that what you are talking about?

There is a 3 days wait for “approval” if its the initial sign up process you are speaking of (to get a recovery code).

Since you sound as though you are entirely new to this on the Mac side:

If you have that, then its a 4 digit verification code to access the account, a different one generated each time & those SHOULD arrive instantaneously, but sometimes don’t. There are “knowledge base” pages to explain them.

I know of people with what sounds like the same setp up (but different provider) & all works fine.

Are you doing so from outside the US?

No warranties on my comments. And surely someone else will weigh in with more detail.

A quick search here yields this: Apple ID: About two-step verification and SMS - Apple Support

May 20, 2015 2:33 PM in response to CroMagnum

I'm already past the "3-day wait" for approval, phase.
The Apple ID is
solely being used for GSX purposes.

This is in regards to the Two-Step Verification Process, not the Recovery Key/Code (because I can't get to that step).

What's happening is that Apple is unable to send me a verification code to my phone number, which just happens to be an Android phone with Sprint as the carrier. This is all within the US, as well. Minnesota, to be more precise.

Jun 2, 2015 6:57 AM in response to phauxey

OK, checked the map & Minnesota is in the US, not Canada! 😊

Sorry I can’t help, though I do commiserate. Its been more than a week, is your problem resolved?

I’m having a problem with access as well, but not quite the same as yours: not via 2 step verification.

Wondering aloud: If nothing came through, have you tried an Apple Advisor?

Verification code does not send to my android phone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.