Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Trying to set up Fam Sharing but can't get past the prompt telling me to add a payment method. I already have a payment in my iTunes account and wish to use it for FS. How do I do this?

Trying to set up Fam Sharing but can't get past the prompt telling me to add a payment method. I already have a payment in my iTunes account and wish to use it for FS. How do I do this?

MacBook, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on May 1, 2015 8:24 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 3, 2015 9:07 AM

Hi printspat,

From what I gather, you have a payment method selected for your iTunes Store account which isn’t being accepted when setting up Family Sharing.

Take a look at the he article linked below provides, which provides a lot of great information about Family Sharing, and make sure you're trying to use a valid payment method for setting up Family Sharing.

Set up Family Sharing - Apple Support

One adult in the family—the family organizer—can set up Family Sharing for the group from their iOS device or Mac. When you set up Family Sharing, you'll be asked to confirm that you agree to pay for purchases initiated by the family members you invite and that you have a valid payment method on file. Valid payment methods for setting up Family Sharing include credit cards and debit cards.*

Cheers,

-Jason

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 3, 2015 9:07 AM in response to printspat

Hi printspat,

From what I gather, you have a payment method selected for your iTunes Store account which isn’t being accepted when setting up Family Sharing.

Take a look at the he article linked below provides, which provides a lot of great information about Family Sharing, and make sure you're trying to use a valid payment method for setting up Family Sharing.

Set up Family Sharing - Apple Support

One adult in the family—the family organizer—can set up Family Sharing for the group from their iOS device or Mac. When you set up Family Sharing, you'll be asked to confirm that you agree to pay for purchases initiated by the family members you invite and that you have a valid payment method on file. Valid payment methods for setting up Family Sharing include credit cards and debit cards.*

Cheers,

-Jason

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.