Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My Iphone 6 Plus Touch ID problem

Hello everyone,

I bought my Iphone 6plus just 3 weeks ago. During the past 2 weeks, there is no problem at all with my phone. It works all well except that the set up of Touch ID was a little bit harder than I expected. I did not noticed that my touch ID got problem until one day I try to unlock screen using my finger print. I succeeded 1 or 2 out of 10 times .😐.

I have tried every ways to recover it. Because I assumed it might be software problem. So i upgrade to new

IOS 8.3 and I also set up Touch ID all over agains but it did not work well also. Usually after i set up again in setting for new finger print, the Touch ID work well for about 10 minutes. And after I put my phone in sleep for over ten minutes. It failed to recognize my finger print and after that it all failed until I have to run all over the procedure again ( delete old finger print and create new one ) .

I do compare with others 6 plus from my friends and it works very well. I was very frustrated about the touch ID since it is one of the useful features in Iphone 6 PLus. Are there any ones encounter same problem like me . And could you please help me how to fix this..:(((

iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 8.3

Posted on May 1, 2015 6:44 AM

4 replies

May 1, 2015 8:09 AM in response to VinhVuong

To make sure that this is not software related, set it back to factory settings, without using any backup data afterwards. Set up the rest of the personal settings manually and test the TouchID function . If it still does not work as expected, this is a hardware issue and the phone has to be serviced by Apple or an Authorized Apple Service Provider:

Use iTunes to restore your iOS device to factory settings - Apple Support

Find an Apple Authorized Service Provider

iPhone - Contact Support - Apple Support

Jun 22, 2015 8:22 PM in response to Ingo2711

While that is all fine and dandy and doesn't sound like a huge hassle some people actually have a long distance to travel to get to an Apple Store, for me it is almost two and a half hours. I recently setup up an appointment with an apple genius and had them fix this exact issue, sad to say yes it fixed the problem,.. For a whole three additional weeks and now unfortunately my phone has returned to its previous state of having no Touch ID. I can do the temporary "fixes" as stated and get absolutely nowhere. now with myself I work third shift so it is near impossible for me to just setup an appointment and go for a drive all day for a 20-30 minute tear down of my phones hardware and reinstall of the phones iOS... I'm on the verge of re-activating my older iPhone 4 just because I had less issues with it. The longer I let the problem persist the worse my phone gets, eventually I'm sure it will revert to the point I was at before and not be able to use the Apple Store at all on the phone. End rant.

My Iphone 6 Plus Touch ID problem

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.