Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone stops ringing

Occasionally my iPhone stops ringing and goes directly to voicemail. This is not do to the mute switch on the side of the phone or the Do Not Disturb! setting. The phone will be working correctly (ringing when a call comes in) and then it stops ringing for no apparent reason. Restarting it solves the problem and it tends to work fine for days until it reoccurs.

(The iOS is up to date.)

MacBook Pro (13-inch Late 2011), OS X Yosemite (10.10.3)

Posted on May 1, 2015 9:28 AM

2 replies

May 6, 2015 7:57 AM in response to hands4

Given no responses, I'll assume this is not a well know problem with known fixes. It falls into that difficult territory of a POM problem (phase of the moon). It breaks seldom, for no apparent reason, and is fixed by a restart. I can't yet even determine if is is caused by software or hardware.

Does Apple include a method of forcing a crash dump that would be sent to them? In a previous life I would pour though binary code to debug operating systems. Is that a lost art with mobile, consumer devices? Maybe they only support that when it crashes itself.

iPhone stops ringing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.