Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Filevault

Dear Sir/Madam,

I have an iMac with OS 10.10.

Filevault – when I tried to set it up, they didn’t prompt me to enter a password nor creating a recovery key. When I restarted it, the mouse was unable to move. So I restarted again and they asked me for decrypting. Can somebody tell me what is the correct procedure of installing this feature? And what can it do for me in the whole?

Best Regards,

Ann

null-OTHER

Posted on May 1, 2015 9:26 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 1, 2015 9:40 AM

Ann,

Please carefully read Apple's instructions in OS X: About FileVault 2 - Apple Support

Frankly if you are not aware of what it is, you probably do not need it. If you are a home user in most cases this is totally unnecessary. However if you live somewhere where you are worried about your data being compromised (high theft, lots of people using your computer, etc..) then it's likely not necessary.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 1, 2015 9:40 AM in response to Torolover

Ann,

Please carefully read Apple's instructions in OS X: About FileVault 2 - Apple Support

Frankly if you are not aware of what it is, you probably do not need it. If you are a home user in most cases this is totally unnecessary. However if you live somewhere where you are worried about your data being compromised (high theft, lots of people using your computer, etc..) then it's likely not necessary.

Filevault

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.