Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

What are the icons on some pics in Photos app?

What are the icons that show up on some pics in the new Photos app? I see some of them having what looks like a suitcase in the lower right corner.

TIA,

iMac, OS X Yosemite (10.10)

Posted on May 1, 2015 8:32 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 22, 2016 11:11 PM

I cannot get the note when I hover over.

That is new feature in Photos 2.0 on Sierra and not available in older versions. Hovering over the baggage label badge will show the list of keywords assigned.

But besides that, my "suitcases" appear on recently scanned pictures.

Are you asking about the toolbox or the baggage label? The toolbox indicates edits, the baggage label keywords. The scanner may have assigned keywords as IPTC tags.

Some badges have changed in Sierra version of Photos. Instead of the suitcase a badge with three lines will be shown for edited photos, and there is a new badge for photos with GPS assigned, a pin.

User uploaded file

8 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 22, 2016 11:11 PM in response to gerenahum

I cannot get the note when I hover over.

That is new feature in Photos 2.0 on Sierra and not available in older versions. Hovering over the baggage label badge will show the list of keywords assigned.

But besides that, my "suitcases" appear on recently scanned pictures.

Are you asking about the toolbox or the baggage label? The toolbox indicates edits, the baggage label keywords. The scanner may have assigned keywords as IPTC tags.

Some badges have changed in Sierra version of Photos. Instead of the suitcase a badge with three lines will be shown for edited photos, and there is a new badge for photos with GPS assigned, a pin.

User uploaded file

Sep 23, 2016 8:25 AM in response to léonie

I guess I am referring to the "toolbox." I am just now trying to figure out Photos after converting from iPhoto. All my pix were so organized. Now it's crazy. If the "toolbox" is to indicate edited pictures, it certainly isn't consistent. There are some pix I scanned in last weekend and have done nothing with them and they have the toolbox. But not all have that symbol. I have gone through and checked several pix and there seems to be no consistency. I have several scanned pix and there is no symbol, so that must not be it??? There are pix that have been edited and they don't have the symbol either. Just confused!!!! I just noticed it yesterday. I have Photos 1.5 which was converted at the Apple store in August after I finally made the decision to change. Not sure it was a good decision!!

What are the icons on some pics in Photos app?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.