Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Replacing Mac Mini 2014 HD

I just replaced the standard 1TB HD of my brand new mac mini 2014. I was thinking about getting the Apple Care for it as well. Since they locked down getting inside the mac mini does replacing the HD void the warranty. I tried looking at the Apple Care warranty but did not see anything pertaining to this. I don't want to buy it only for a issue to come up one day and I get denied service since I replaced the HD.

OS X Mavericks (10.9.1)

Posted on May 1, 2015 9:00 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 1, 2015 9:08 AM

I would say maybe. SInce replacing the HD is not authorized/supported by Apple.

2 replies

May 1, 2015 9:15 AM in response to lllaass

Ok. I think ill call into Apple and see what they say just to make sure. Don't want to throw away some money here. Thanks for the help!

EDIT: Ok just spoke with Apple and they stated that the HD itself would not be covered but everything else would be. Also if the HD failed and if they found that the HD failure caused other issues then that would not be covered. So all in all it is still covered except for the replacement HD the end user put in.

Replacing Mac Mini 2014 HD

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.